Keep the forums going?

News about the Bowtie V6 forums
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:35 pm
Hey everyone, this is Travis, your admin here at bowtiev6.com. Just curious if you guys think I should keep the site going yet or should we shut it down? It is time to renew my hosting and just weighing options if it is worth me putting more money into the forum or not. Please let me know your opinions and if you would like to see it stay alive or shut down. Would like to see more activity on the forums, seems like it has been pretty quiet this year and not too many new members joining and posting. If you do want it to stay up and running, I may look to some donations to help offset the costs of it.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:50 pm
you're call. I still check in a few times a day. but that is just me. I still try and push the site for the V6 folks, but I am only one person too.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 12s
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:10 pm
I spread the word quite often to all GM V6 owners, and see several come on and then that's it. This is such a good forum and if we all try and drive membership it should help. I am also willing to donate to keep it going Travis.

Mike is crucial to keeping it going as well as we can always count on him to take care of the day to day. (and you are appreciated!!!).

So would be sad to see it go away, but you are correct, we all as members need to really put a recruiting effort into growing this.

Thanks for all you do Travis.

:thumbsup:
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:41 am
ya I see new people sign up from time to time, but nobody really posts once they do which is weird. If they started posting and conversing things would pick up again.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Running 11s
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:48 pm
I try to come in at least once a day. But agree, see new members pop up but no new posts. Or new topics with no one to help, or just not know a solution. Either way it won't hurt my feelings. We do have some good info from Tracy that can't be posted on the other site tough. Thanks Travis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:13 pm
up to you guys, if you want to help and donate that would be great too, my paypal is travis.dyke@gmail.com if you want to throw a couple bucks towards it. I will keep it going another year and see how it goes. If you have any good ways to get people posting instead of lurking let me know.

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:55 pm
As for me I started with you guys when you invited me over from "THAT OTHER WEBSITE". Since then I've sold my Camaro and stayed with Chevy in a new Impala. I only visit the website once a week. It's up to you Travis. If it's going to cost you something that your family may need then I say shut her down. It's been a nice ride. :woot:
TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:34 am
Let's keep her going and try and rejuvenate it for 2016! Invite all and encourage posting :)

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:32 pm
I am going to try and get some new threads during the next couple weeks. Starting with the two new ones I posted this morning.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:58 am
Hey guys I'm new to this site, I'm looking for some lower compression pistons and rods for my 2011 Camaro 1lt twin turbo build. Does anyone know where I can find them or steer me in the right direction?
Next

Return to Site News & Announcements