Timing chain solution?

Heads, Cams, Valvetrain, Bottom End

Moderator: mrray13

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:55 pm
well that's the real kicker huh? by the way scrming how are you doing? you missing the camaro already or maybe just the rush that you got from stomping on the gas? how's the truck doing?
Running 12s
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:22 pm
a red maro wrote:well that's the real kicker huh? by the way scrming how are you doing? you missing the camaro already or maybe just the rush that you got from stomping on the gas? how's the truck doing?

Doing GREAT! Loving the new truck! If I need to go fast, I can also borrow a car from MRT!!! LOL

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 pm
those guys wouldn't be able to trust me with those cars, i may never come back lol.
Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:49 am
a red maro wrote:cool cause i don't want my car needing a new engine after just 40k miles. i change my oil every 3k to 4.5k miles so i shouldn't have to worry about this problem. here's the real question with modifications installed does it create more stress on the timing chain or not?

that all depends on the modifications...I would think that bolt ons wouldn't have much of an effect...but if you start getting serious and going FI like mentioned, or start swapping cams then ya for sure there is definetly going to be more stress on the chain...
Amsoil Synthetic Oils http://www.lubedealer.com/canadian-synthetics

*Lowest prices in both the USA and Canada
*Several distribution centers located around North America
*Discounts prices on NGK/Mothers/WIX filters/Injen and many more

Gearhead
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:47 am
LETZRIDE wrote:
a red maro wrote:cool cause i don't want my car needing a new engine after just 40k miles. i change my oil every 3k to 4.5k miles so i shouldn't have to worry about this problem. here's the real question with modifications installed does it create more stress on the timing chain or not?

that all depends on the modifications...I would think that bolt ons wouldn't have much of an effect...but if you start getting serious and going FI like mentioned, or start swapping cams then ya for sure there is definetly going to be more stress on the chain...

i plan on doing some forced induction sometime down the road when i get done with school and can afford it. with that being said i know that some of us are waiting for a supercharger to be put into production for our cars. I've just always loved the whine of a supercharger, gives me chills. :drive: hopefully by the time that I'm able to afford the supercharger enough research will be done for our cars to be making some major research that has been done on our engines. :woot:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:34 pm
Does anyone know how to install new chains,tentioners, and guides?
Maybe a a step by step would be good, I'm not too car savy
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:05 pm
I have not seen a write up on this subject yet. I do know of one person who has done this on their own. They wrote a write-up on camaro5.com if I remember correctly. I will see if I can find it.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm
I have it down to getting the chains on, I have print outs from a Camaro book but when I put the engine on tdc it didn't look like the page printout. Unless I'm mistaken on which is the #1 piston...
Running 12s
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:56 pm
# one on the LLT & LFX is on the Passenger side.
Previous

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l Internal Engine Tech