Camshafts?

Heads, Cams, Valvetrain, Bottom End

Moderator: mrray13

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:40 pm
I was so excited couldn't wait to get a set of cams for my 3.6 but after reading about tuning difficulty over on C5 I am now having second thoughts....
Crystal Red 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 direct injection, Magnaflow X pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LFX intake manifold, Airaid CAI, ported throttle body, W-1 oil catch can, LED daytime running lights and fog lights, FE2 suspension, 20" Camaro SS wheels
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 am
This is another one of those items, many of us would love to have, but due to tuning issues and expense to buy them and have them installed, not worth the hassle in my book. Remember you need 4 cams, that adds up quickly, and if you pay for the labor, you have doubled the cost. Not like a single cam for a V8. The gains in HP does not justify the cost for me.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:11 pm
Labor will be free the cams and tune is what I would have to pay for. When I had my 4v mustang cams where a great mod. But that's also a V8 and was easy to tune
Crystal Red 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 direct injection, Magnaflow X pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LFX intake manifold, Airaid CAI, ported throttle body, W-1 oil catch can, LED daytime running lights and fog lights, FE2 suspension, 20" Camaro SS wheels

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l Internal Engine Tech