Replaced Timing Chains now new Error

Heads, Cams, Valvetrain, Bottom End

Moderator: mrray13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:06 pm
My daughter has a 2010 Camaro LT V6 Manual. She had the dread P0017 code......after many mechanics looking over it....I went ahead and replaced the timing chains with the cloyes Kit and replaced three of the Cam Shift Phasers......

It runs great....wallet still hurting.....but her car runs great.....put 200 miles after the replacement of the chains.....the CEL popped on this time with P0420

So I had the mechanic change the rear left O2 sensor.....still the same light same issue.

any suggestions on what this could be....My wallet really doesn't want to replace the Catalytic Converter.....
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:34 am
Sorry to hear the news of the replacement parts. I too get that code, however, I have headers and no cats. I turned that code off with the tune, ignoring it all together. I would hate to see you have to replace the cats. Ask around if someone has there stock ones still if they went with after market high flow cats. I already sold my stock exhaust, cats included.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l Internal Engine Tech