Jannetty Racing CAI Comparison

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:08 pm
Anybody who's thinking about buying a CAI and has questions about their performance versus some of the others should check this out. This spread sheet that JRE put together should answer a lot of questions. They did a head to head comparison of the listed CAI's on the same car under the same conditions. Probably the most fair third party testing done on these for our cars. Check it out:

Here's a link to their actual spread sheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...udUNoYmc&hl=en
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:10 pm
It is this sheet that convinced me WHY I bought an INJEN.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 pm
thanks for tracking down the spread sheet and posting. :thumbsup:
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 pm
No problem.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:22 pm
This is why I bought the Injen also, got it after the tests were done.
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage

Laying rubber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:58 pm
Thanks Demon. I jumped to early on the airaid v1, then v2 free tube. Glad I have the Injen now. Like the whistle!
2LTRS/ black/sliver stripes/A6/Injen long tube&IAT relocate/D/T shortie headers/Magnaflow resonated X pipe/Resonators delete/ MRT V2 Axelback/Hotchkis sport springs and Sways/Stillen splitter/ Heritage,Stillen grills,ducts/VMax Throttle Body
Just having fun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:53 pm
I would love to see this test redone with some of the other manufacturers like Roto-Fab, Vararam, and even the Injen Short Ram. Although, I think it will be hard to equal the Injen Long Tube.
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 pm
Has anyone dynoed the Vararam? I would like to see them numbers compared to CAI and Injen.

Also, isn't the Injen and CAI almost identical? I got the CAI because of the super easy install.

If I am reading it right, it looks like the CAI added 15 HP and 10.8 TQ while the Injen added 14.4 HP and 12.2 TQ.

Will a difference of 1 or 2 HP even be noticed?
2011 2LT RS- CAI Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, VMax Ice-Olator, RX Plenum Spacer, VMax TB, RX catch can, Technostalgia taillights, AAC side markers, Heritage grille, DRL Harness, P13 Fog Light Bulbs, Back up camera in rear view, Continental Extreme DWS Tires
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:21 am
The Vararam was dynoed. However, I do not believe those results have been posted on this forum. Keep in mind too that all dynos, are different. Along with doing the test on different cars, on different days. There was a great article done by Hot Rod Magazine discussing dyno results. I for one do not get hung up on the numbers to much.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/gene ... o_testing/

As for the difference in the CAI and INJEN, I doubt you would notice the difference in your every day to day driving.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 am
The vararam has been dynoed, however remember it is set up for receiving moving air while driving, like a ram air type of thing. So sitting on a dyno, with no airflow won't give you optimal results. The track is where you gotta test it and see the gains.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Next

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech