What factors directly correlate to additional Horsepower?

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 pm
I emailed centerforce today to see what their lead time was. Keep in mind that I've got an auto though, so I'm less vested in this information than you guys with the sticks are.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:11 pm
Don't forget guys, one of the things that really makes a difference in these cars is IAT location, the colder it can be keep the better these cars run. That is why we are awaitin on the vararam kit.
Mods to date:
Chevorlet door sills,Rear trunk blackout,Blacked out bowtie,
Vararam intake with Green Filter
Rx Catch cans
MBRP Exhaust Tips
Trifecta Tune
RX CNC Throttle Body
Side Gills
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:11 pm
spyderbuddy wrote:Don't forget guys, one of the things that really makes a difference in these cars is IAT location, the colder it can be keep the better these cars run. That is why we are awaitin on the vararam kit.

Isn't there a relocate DIY for those with an Injen Intake? Anyone have that handy?
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:41 pm
MMX RS wrote:
spyderbuddy wrote:Don't forget guys, one of the things that really makes a difference in these cars is IAT location, the colder it can be keep the better these cars run. That is why we are awaitin on the vararam kit.

Isn't there a relocate DIY for those with an Injen Intake? Anyone have that handy?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=141

Just to pass along that a quick use of the search button I was able to track this down.......... :thumbsup:
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm
Well, it looks like Centerforce customer service sucks. They never got back to me... :umno:

Gearhead
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 pm
i drive an auto guys, doesn't the trifecta tune change the gear shift when in sport mode?
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:06 am
a red maro wrote:i drive an auto guys, doesn't the trifecta tune change the gear shift when in sport mode?

You can have Vince at Trifecta remove some of the torque management for what ever you want. Many have 10% removed in the D mode and 30% removed in the sport mode. Plus I have my first gear delayed from 8 mph to 15 mph for shifting into 2nd.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 pm
rtcat600man wrote:
a red maro wrote:i drive an auto guys, doesn't the trifecta tune change the gear shift when in sport mode?

You can have Vince at Trifecta remove some of the torque management for what ever you want. Many have 10% removed in the D mode and 30% removed in the sport mode. Plus I have my first gear delayed from 8 mph to 15 mph for shifting into 2nd.

dang man i didn't know that vince could do that!! i guess vince really is a mad scientist like that :kneel: lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:16 pm
Adrenalin, I also have the V6. Freeing up the exhaust will give you more HP and improve your gas milage. I have the BBK long tube Headers with their Low /Res Cats. I replaced the Mufflers for Magnaflows and also installed the BBK Cold Air Intake. I also cut about a 2' wide section off the Rubber strip in the back so that Air has a place to exhaust from under the hood. I took a thermistor and measured the Heat by the Ram Air with and without the Rubber Strip and found it running much cooler with the ruber strip out. My car now sounds great and I have no problem getting rubber in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. I will be checking the HP shortly, I'll let you know the results.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:48 pm
Well then I have a question. I have a Vararam intake, ported TB, black iceolator, bbk lt headers, corsa catback exhaust and a Trifecta tune and only picked up 21 rwhp over stock? Where is all the power that I should be making with this amount of bolt ons? Can someone please give some insight into why roughly $3500 in bolt ons only picked me up 21 RWHP??? :banghead:
VR Intake, VMAX TB, VMAX ICEolator, BBK LTs, Corsa cat-back, RX catch can, Trifecta tune, seq LED tailights, LED side markers, PLASMA foglits, billet inserts, heritage grill w/o bowtie, splitter, blacked out badges/letters, 35/20% tint & wanting FI...
PreviousNext

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech