What factors directly correlate to additional Horsepower?

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 am
travis wrote:I dunno if anyone has dove into redoing the trans on these to beef them up yet or play with gearing. You can play with the trans settings with the trifecta tune though to help get the shifts to your liking :)

Indeed. I installed my Trans Tune from Vince at Trifecta yesterday. Drove my Camaro around for 30 minutes and then sent off an email to Vince to verify a few things. I am working with him to change it around a little bit more. I went with what was in Scrmings Camaro, at the beginning.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 13s
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 am
travis wrote:I dunno if anyone has dove into redoing the trans on these to beef them up yet or play with gearing. You can play with the trans settings with the trifecta tune though to help get the shifts to your liking :)

if you have a manual you can install a short throw shifter...it wont add any hp but faster shifting is a plus...and just the fun factor of driving your car :thumbsup:
RX PERFORMANCE SUPERCHARGED/ARK DTS CATBACK/EIBACH LOWERING SPRINGS AND SWAY BARS/VMAX TB/WIDENED RS REAR WHEELS TO 10.5 WITH PIRELLI 305/35/20 TIRES/BBK LT HEADERS AND HIGH FLOW CATS/BLACK ICE-OLATER/RX PORTED IM
Running 11s
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm
For the auto cars, there is the tranny tune by Vince. He can play with quite a bit, and make the car very fun. cat man, don't forget after installing the tranny tune, do the TDM delete. That will erase the the tranny's memory on how it used to shift and will enable you to drive a bit more aggressively, and the tranny remember that!

Bat Car, aka Tracey from RX, also has a torque converter for our car. At around $700, it's all billet and custom built, and should help those wanting every tenth at the dragstrip!
Image1LT/RS RY; Trifecta tuned, Injen long tube CAI, ARH long tubes/cats,custom catback with Flowmaster Super 44s, IAT relocate and RXtreme catch can/breather
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm
mrray13 wrote:For the auto cars, there is the tranny tune by Vince. He can play with quite a bit, and make the car very fun. cat man, don't forget after installing the tranny tune, do the TDM delete. That will erase the the tranny's memory on how it used to shift and will enable you to drive a bit more aggressively, and the tranny remember that!

Bat Car, aka Tracey from RX, also has a torque converter for our car. At around $700, it's all billet and custom built, and should help those wanting every tenth at the dragstrip!

Thanks mrray. Better walk me thru that one. I know nothing about the delete. It was not mentioned in anything I read, unless I missed it. I contacted Vince about my tune. He gave me the same tune he had given SCRMING. Turns out the TCM was changed mid year and what John had and I have are not the same. Vince is working up a new tune for my Camaro now.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:17 pm
Cool :thumbsup:
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage
Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 pm
This is an interesting thread.
Former owner of a 2011 1LT/RS SIM w/ blk rally stripes[Now owner of a 2011 2SS/RS SIM]
Mods for sale: K&N Aircharger 63 series - PM me for a price

TEAM L99

Gearhead
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:24 am
how much is the trifecta tune guys Im gonna be looking into getting a tune sometime very soon after i buy my headers. I'm still debating whether i should just wait and save up for LT's, or should just get some DT's. either way I do plan on getting a tune for my car.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:26 am
a red maro wrote:how much is the trifecta tune guys Im gonna be looking into getting a tune sometime very soon after i buy my headers. I'm still debating whether i should just wait and save up for LT's, or should just get some DT's. either way I do plan on getting a tune for my car.

http://trifectaperformance.com/

everything you need to know is here on the webstie.

If you have any further questions mrray is our resident expert.
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 am
a red maro wrote:how much is the trifecta tune guys Im gonna be looking into getting a tune sometime very soon after i buy my headers. I'm still debating whether i should just wait and save up for LT's, or should just get some DT's. either way I do plan on getting a tune for my car.

IMO save up for the BBK LT's have the JBA shorties sound is excellent dont get me wrong but I want the additionl horsies majority of my mods where bought back in Aug/Sept 09 when I brought her home before anything else was out have aleady changed out the CAI next the headers you will save yourself time and $$ by asking the questions here great group wish the site was around back then
2LT #000476 Borla CAT Back, JBA Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, MPD ZForce Hood, MPD Spoiler, BMR Springs & Sways, AAC Lighting, Hurst Short Throw, 20" Foose Legends, RX Catch Can, VMax CNC Throttle Body
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 pm
A very informative thread for a newbie like me and thanks to Demon for your recommendations. I’m in the process of finalizing selections and prices for a cat-back exhaust system and CAI. I’m not looking for a star on the track, just a more noticeable, refined sound with perhaps an MPG or two gain. Of course, with better sound, comes a heavier foot. So much for improved fuel economy. :lol:
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
PreviousNext

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech