2010 Fuel Injector Replacement

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:07 pm
So glad to hear you got them apart. Guessing over time they must have just been stuck. Keep us updated on how the rest of the repairs go.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:01 pm
Ok, the injector replacement went well! After test drive in moderate acceleration the car shows excellent response anddddd NO MISFIRES!

So that is EXCELLENT!

Now I have a new problem.. haha. When I floor it and hit about 6000 rpm under hard acceleration, I consistently get codes for low voltage on injector 3 and 6. By consistently i mean every time i floor it and hit about 6000 rpm.

I find it really weird that there is NO issue at any speed other than that above 6000 rpm. Just wanted to see what your thoughts were. I will take it back apart and validate the connections are tight, but I really find it strange that I'm seeing 0 issues at any RPM below that.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:00 am
Interesting. Not sure about that one. But your plan is my first thoughts. Take apart and verify everything is solid. What are the code numbers it throws for low voltage on those injectors?
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:09 am
The codes showing are p0276 and p0267

I did pop off one if the ecu connectors just before I started the project (with battery disconnexted) although I was very careful I suppose dirt may have fallen I'm there.

I'll dig back into it and let you know! Thanks again!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm
mjwo3901 wrote:Ok, I had to break out a small hammer, and after about 3 tabs each, the injectors popped off of the fuel rail.

Thank you very much for everything!

You probably already have seen something similiar or not.

But here is what I found on my search.
Attachments
p0276.JPG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:28 pm
Ok, that problem is fixed. I actually compressed bank 2 wiring harness when I put everything back together and damaged one of the wires. Nothing too bad, just taped it up and reassembled.

Car is running excellent now! Thank you very much for the help!

My only other issue I need to resolve is the replacement of the rear evap solenoid. I have had P0449 popping up for a while now and have known that it needed to be replaced just haven't had a chance to get to it.

Any chance you could help me with repair procedures for that? The evap canister/solenoid appears to be fairly difficult to get to. Haven't really had a chance to really look into it though.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:37 pm
Glad to hear you got the wiring issue fixed, and everything is running good again.

EVAP stuff listed below, hope this helps. Again here to help, just ask away, I will see what I can do.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 am
good to hear you got it running better again. Sorry I was MIA for a bit and couldn't respond, a death in the family made this past week quite hectic.

How many miles are on the car? There might be a warranty on the emissions yet for it.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:49 pm
Hey Travis,

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope all is well with your family and everything starts to get back on track. Don't be sorry about being MIA, family is much more important than the forum!

My Camaro has about 125k miles on it now.

I just peered under the car and see that the emissions canister is tucked away and certainly not very easy to get to... rtcat, any chance you could share 3-85? I need a little help getting to the canister. Not sure how well I'm going to do with this with limited equipment available to me. But still would like to give it a shot.

As always, thank you very much!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:37 pm
NP. Ask and I will try to help.
Attachments
3-85.JPG
Previous

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech