No CEL SES light -- Progress ?

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am
Well.... I stand corrected (so far), after the last 18 months of dealing with the CEL coming on under the cold start choke mode, especially after sitting for a while, the problem may have been resolved by the "De Carbon/ de coke" work done last fall. I was sure this de carbon thing wasnt the cause of my CEL light.

I started the Camaro yesterday for the first time in 6 months, temperature was Zero/Freexing and it started and ran smoothly, no CEL - in the past this would haveresulted in a CEL for sure.

I also checked with my dealer re the install of the RX catch can and my warranty and they told me it wouldnt be a problem, as long as my oil changes are done warranty is good, install of the catch can is a non issue.

So...I love my Camaro again. Just waiting for warmer weather to install the RX Catch Can
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 am
:woot: Great to hear it may "fingers crossed" be resolved and running good for you again!
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:40 pm
Glad to hear all is well now.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am
thanks guys, I really hope this is resolved, if so the RX CC will help prevent it in future.

It was great to pull the cover off it after 6 months (they really are a fine looking car), it was even better when it started up and didnt shake or spit fuel and black ooze out of the tail pipes. No one likes to start spring off with another trip to the dealer to fix up a basically new car

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech