Best Ax back Mufflers

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:54 pm
I have been searching for a Ax back Muffler system with that deep throaty Muscle car sound, some that I have reviewed sound like a Rice burner sound. Any suggestions. Tomorrow is promise to no one!!
Uncle Mikey's Orange Crate
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:36 pm
Welcome to bowtiev6. Best thing would be to go thru this thread first. Everyone will have an opinion. Take a listen to them thru some good headphones or ear buds.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 pm
what he said, and welcome
2011 2LT RS Inferno Orange, IPF super charger, CNC throttle body (RX) ported IM, black3/8" isolator, doug thorley shorty headers, flow master mufflers, CTS front calipers, cross drilled an slotted rotors, footwell lights, fender hash marks.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am
Oh OK guy's thanks for the heads up, looking forward to knowing you, thanks again!!!
Uncle Mikey's Orange Crate

Gearhead
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:37 am
I bought the flowmaster american thunder axel back exhaust i love the sound of it and it improved the performance a bit.

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:39 am
I'm so partial to the MRT V1.. First impressions are everything
K& N AIRCHARGER 63 series- red rx ported TB- RX black ice olator-BBK LT headers- manga flow res x pipe-2.5 mids-MRT V1- eibach lowering springs- trifecta tune- jac fab front plate bracket ,Richmond 3.55 gears,gen 1 CF spoiler

Just having fun
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 am
OrangeCrate wrote:I have been searching for a Ax back Muffler system with that deep throaty Muscle car sound, some that I have reviewed sound like a Rice burner sound. Any suggestions. Tomorrow is promise to no one!!

I know its hard to get the rite sound for a V6. At a idle it will sound almost just like a V8, BUT once you get going its a six again,LOL. I did not want my Camaro V6 sounding like a rice burner either ,but more like a exotic V6 sound. I listened to alot of V6 Camaros on u-tube, which doesen't really give you the rite sound, but I heard the Bolora mufflers and its just what I wanted, not to lound or raspy. But the price is way off. Then I heard the Gibson mufflers on a Camaro V6 in my neibour hood one day and I was sold. I found a brand new stainless steel pair on ebay for $475.00 shipped. I get nothing but complements on the sound from my neibours in my RV resort, one guy always thought it was a V8 and was very suprized when I told him it was a V6 and even mechanics at the elignment shop I recently bought it to. They asked me what brand they were. Now noise is a personnal thing, but this new breed of V6 owners are a pround bunch. I owned Corvettes for 19 years and a V8 Fiero. But I was hell bent I wanted a V6 Camaro and not a V8. I live in the GA mountians and just yesterday after getting off my Roadliner S, I took out my Manuel V6 Camaro and had a blast on it in the twisties. I can't wait till I get the LT headers and the Trifecta tune. Oh, the inside of my Camaro sounds even better when I shift thru the gears with the Gibson mufflers, PERFECT.IMHOP,LOL.
2012 yellow and black Convertable SS Camaro,2SS,RS, 6PD manual ,got my killer bee , now the mods start all over again.
2013 Yamaha STRYKER
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S,"113" cu. inches,F/S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 pm
Take a listen to the solo system ! My favorite. I had the cat back on my coupe and now on my vert. The axel back sound good too but you can believe the sound and weight savings ! Not to mention the price. Check it out you won't be sorry !

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech