RX Oil Catch Can 2010 Camaro V6 3.6L

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am
After reading allot of information about the oil catch cans last fall, I started to track these items. SC2150 over at C5 had a post up contest for a free RX catch can. during the month of November and December he was going to give away one or two of these set-ups free. Only thing we had to do was post up once a week. Random number generator was going to decide on the winner.

I contacted him on the night of Christmas eve asking for details about ordering one of his set-ups. I was ready to place the order. Not realizing that he had drawn the winners that morning. I woke up Christmas morning and was checking out the thread. Low and behold I was one of the WINNERS. :woot: He had drawn the winners the day before at 10 am.

I contacted him about the details and a few days later I had this sitting in my living room.

I will do the install in Mid-March when the weather warms up a little.

I will do another write-up at that time.
Attachments
IMG_6722.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 am
I have installed the catch can. Nothing difficult. They provide a good set of instructions. Here is a couple photos of the completed project. Couldn't wait any longer. 40 degrees today, and wanted to get a jump start on some of my installs.
Attachments
IMG_6821.JPG
IMG_6817.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 am
Wow! Lucky you! I plan on getting one of these as well.
Injen CAI, BBK Long Tube headers, Corsa Catback exhaust, Hurst short shifter, Eibach lowering springs, BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, RX Catch can and Breather...
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:25 pm
Easy install and worth the time! Has cut the oil down in my intake by 98% (rough guess, lol). No oil in intake means less chance for build up, possibly detonation. Looks good under there too!!
Image1LT/RS RY; Trifecta tuned, Injen long tube CAI, ARH long tubes/cats,custom catback with Flowmaster Super 44s, IAT relocate and RXtreme catch can/breather
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:25 pm
Those were the reason I decided to get one. Less oil build-up and eliminate detonation created by un-wanted oil entering the intake system.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:15 pm
I bought mine last summer but haven't checked it to see if there is any oil in it yet. I haven't drove the car but a few hundred miles sense the install.
TEAM LLT
BowtieV6 Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 pm
I picked up a stainless one from Tracy, install was extremely simple, any novice can do it. I did however get one of the older mounting brackets and had to modify it to get it to fit right, other than that it looks and works great.
Attachments
Copy of engine_1.jpg
Sold :(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:00 am
That engine bay looks good. I like the way those covers look in RJT.
BowtieV6 Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 am
Its a little dirty, but thanks! :) painted the engine cover and fuse box myself. Tedious work when its a tri-coat paint.
Sold :(
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 am
Tri-coat paint. What is involved with that.

I just got another can of paint and am now ready to do my fuse box cover and work some other details into my engine bay. I will be sporty a new look under the hood in April . Photos and documentation will be forth coming.
Next

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech