Does RX catch can need maintenance?

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:58 pm
Had my RX catch can on for 5 and half years and 127k miles. Changed the oil yesterday and drained the can - only got a few drips out. Previous oil change only got maybe a tablespoon or so out. Prior to that it was significantly more.

Is there something I should be checking/cleaning? At this point, the can seems inoperative.
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Black bow ties & trunk panel / Fogs / Footwell lighting front & rear / 35% Tint
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:15 pm
As far as I know there is no maintenance for the RX can. I have had mine for 6 years, over 85K miles on the can. Still working as new. Might want to check the PCV valve thou. Might be plugged up and not letting oil gasses thru. Did you ever open up the PCV valve as recommended?
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 12s
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 am
We have updated the checkvalves as well from PCV vales to inline billet ones. You can remove the can, spray brake clean in the center barb and shake well, allow to drain for 30 min or so and that removes most of any residue built up on the coalescing media. As alwys, eamil us direct for any help needed: RXProducts@aol.com

Cheers!!
Gearhead
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Thanks! I did the drill mod today. I don't think it was the PCV valve though. It didn't have any residue at all on it.

I'll try the brake cleaner on the center barb this weekend.
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Running 12s
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 pm
Let us know if you need any help, and if you have an early version with the plastic fittings/valves, email me: RXProducts@aol.com
Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:18 pm
Last oil change, I sprayed brake cleaner into it, and I also blew air into it. Air did come out the outlet on the top, so I know it is not completely blocked. I changed the oil again today and nothing drained from the catch can.

Tracy, I do have an early one with plastic fittings. I will send you an email.
Gordy

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech