Polishing Intake Manifolds

Planning on doing a project and want to document it for the rest of us? Post it here!

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:54 pm
It was thru some requests to find information on how to polish the Intake Manifolds. I went out and found this informtaion to create this first post. If anyone should have anything further to add, please keep adding to this thread for others to help them work on polishing there own manifolds.

Remember I borrowed this information from the internet. This is not something I have done yet to date. So the (I) is not me.

Here is a test area I did before I remove it. Just took a few minutes. Used black emery, brown tripoli, and white diamond. If i spend more time using the coarse black emery it will look better

a1.jpg

Putting coarse polish on

a2.jpg

b.jpg

Finished putting on medium brown tripoli. On to white diamond. Not doing small crevices tonight. I'll dremel tomorrow

c.jpg

Here is after white diamond. I will buying a finer polish tomorrow and dremmeling the
small areas.

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:25 am
Good write up.....where's a good place to fund the polishing compounds ?
K& N AIRCHARGER 63 series- red rx ported TB- RX black ice olator-BBK LT headers- manga flow res x pipe-2.5 mids-MRT V1- eibach lowering springs- trifecta tune- jac fab front plate bracket ,Richmond 3.55 gears,gen 1 CF spoiler
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:34 am
I would suggest talking to your local auto stores first and tell them what you are looking to do and see what they recomend.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:11 am
I polished my plenum cover using this kit from ENKAY #142. Probably overkill for just the cover but came out nice and cheap enough.

Looks like everything you would need for polishing the whole IM.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _cat=Power Tools_Dynamic Campaigns&cm_pla=&cm_ite=enkay 142&mkwid=sZehj7D9z&pcrid=20599048289&mt=e

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/Hypertech programmer/VMax Isolater/Mace Ported IM & Plenum Spacer

Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm
HOTDAMN THAT LOOKS GOOD!!
K& N AIRCHARGER 63 series- red rx ported TB- RX black ice olator-BBK LT headers- manga flow res x pipe-2.5 mids-MRT V1- eibach lowering springs- trifecta tune- jac fab front plate bracket ,Richmond 3.55 gears,gen 1 CF spoiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Very good write up

Return to How-To: Article