Engine Cover Painting Project 2010 Camaro V6 3.6L

Planning on doing a project and want to document it for the rest of us? Post it here!

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:24 am
Borrowed a couple ideas from others.
Supplies: Clear adhesion promoter, IOM paint from Duplicolor, Gloss clear paint, tape, vinyl decals from Ebay.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:16 pm
Looks good. You need to paint that fuse box now to match. This is how I did mine:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:32 pm
Thank - you. LOL. I just posted on the other thread, that I bought more paint. That is the one thing for sure that will get done this spring. I ran out of paint last year and was not sure what else I wanted to paint. Now that I have had time to ponder. I have a few items to mod.

I do like the looks of you engine bay. Those covers are top notch.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 pm
those look awesome guys :thumbsup: !!! Ill have to think about that. not sure if Im gunna want to keep the engine cover after I twin turbo it. :whitevert:
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:47 pm
BlackTT600 wrote:those look awesome guys :thumbsup: !!! Ill have to think about that. not sure if Im gunna want to keep the engine cover after I twin turbo it. :whitevert:

Yah... I'd rather have twin turbos....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm
Demon Hunter wrote:
BlackTT600 wrote:those look awesome guys :thumbsup: !!! Ill have to think about that. not sure if Im gunna want to keep the engine cover after I twin turbo it. :whitevert:

Yah... I'd rather have twin turbos....

HMMMMMMM...............yep I would go with TT too. Forget the cover.......Now where is that money tree again.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm
Planning on this one myself! I have an extra "stripe" decal to use for contrast, and one of my dog training class students is a body/paint man and excited to help me out on my Camaro! He's very happy with how his choc. lab is doing from the training, and just got all amped up when I told him I had a new Camaro. He's going to finish off my quarter flares for me no charge, and I asked him if he'd be interested in painting the engine cover for me too.

Anyway I love the line graphic of the camaro you did on yours, catman, and I'm hoping to do something similar, yet original and use up that extra silver stripe I have hanging around here. Thank you for posting your diy and supply list!
Tori
2010 IBM 2LT RS 6M
"Raised by Wolves"
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:13 pm
heRS wrote:Planning on this one myself! I have an extra "stripe" decal to use for contrast, and one of my dog training class students is a body/paint man and excited to help me out on my Camaro! He's very happy with how his choc. lab is doing from the training, and just got all amped up when I told him I had a new Camaro. He's going to finish off my quarter flares for me no charge, and I asked him if he'd be interested in painting the engine cover for me too.

Anyway I love the line graphic of the camaro you did on yours, catman, and I'm hoping to do something similar, yet original and use up that extra silver stripe I have hanging around here. Thank you for posting your diy and supply list!

Your welcome, and that is AWESOME to have a person that will do the painting for you. The line GRAPHIC that you see was from a decal from eBay. Find it there.

Good luck and please post your projects when completed.
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm
I plan on ordering that line graphic today.... thinking with the extra paint I will have left over from painting the gfx, I can have the engine cover sprayed to match the abm, the add the red stripes.... should look pretty cool.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 pm
scruffyluv wrote:I plan on ordering that line graphic today.... thinking with the extra paint I will have left over from painting the gfx, I can have the engine cover sprayed to match the abm, the add the red stripes.... should look pretty cool.

Sounds AWESOME. Just be sure to post those photos when completed.
Next

Return to How-To: Article