Detailing my 2010 Camaro 3.6 L V6

Planning on doing a project and want to document it for the rest of us? Post it here!

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 pm
Unfortunately the drag strip decided to not open today. Track is still under a blanket of snow, ice and frozen grounds. They have pushed opening day off until next Saturday.

So While I had the day to myself and with the help of my son it was time to do a complete detailing job of my Camaro.

First up was a wash with dawn soap to help remove the current layers of wax. Also, Armor All wheel and tire cleaner.

Then Mother's clay bar, really nothing on my Camaro or it was still buried under the layers of wax that could have still been there....... :shrug:

Back outside for another wash to remove the clay bar residue.

Back into the garage for the following products swirl & haze remover, then revive polish, and lastly buttery wax, all from Adam's.

Next was Adam's VRT - vinyl, rubber dressing for all the exterior molding and the entire interior.

Topped all off with Detail spray by Adam's.

Meanwhile my son waxed my wheels, cleaned my tires, and waxed all the inner panels (doors, decklid, and hood.) Along with chrome polish for the MRT axle back system.
Attachments
V6 1.JPG
V6 8.JPG
V6 2.JPG
V6 3.JPG
V6 4.JPG
V6 5.JPG
V6 6.JPG
V6 7.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:42 pm
Mighty fine shine there, it glows!
Tori
2010 IBM 2LT RS 6M
"Raised by Wolves"
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:39 am
Now that’s a full days project with excellent results. You and your son make a great detailing team. Nice job!
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:05 am
Looks great catman . Did you use a polisher or buffer. :thumbsup:I need to get me them Adams products.
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:28 am
Thank - you everyone. Spent about 6 - 7 hours in the garage working on it.

Yes, my son is a big help, saved me 1 - 2 hours worth of detailing work that he can perform and learn at the same time how to take care of your nice ride.

All hand polishing. I certainly didn't work my A$$ of while doing it thou, but it sure seemed like it. A small hand held polisher would have been better. I have a big cheap orbital but didn't trust using it for fear of making more swirl marks. I used it last year on the hood and wasn't happy.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:34 pm
rtcat600man wrote:Thank - you everyone. Spent about 6 - 7 hours in the garage working on it.

Yes, my son is a big help, saved me 1 - 2 hours worth of detailing work that he can perform and learn at the same time how to take care of your nice ride.

All hand polishing. I certainly didn't work my A$$ of while doing it thou, but it sure seemed like it. A small hand held polisher would have been better. I have a big cheap orbital but didn't trust using it for fear of making more swirl marks. I used it last year on the hood and wasn't happy.

I always fear them burning through the paint!
MODS:P13W Drl Bulbs,Drl wiring harness,Tinted windows, shark fin stripes, Sinister hood, Roto-Fab CAI, RX catchcan, MRT V2.0, Image Proud owner of Litho #195....TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 pm
Did you like Adam's "swirl and haze remover" and the "revive" polish?
I have other Adam's stuff and LOVE it. Still have the spider-webby swirls from the dealer doing a fail-detail last summer.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm
I have to say that the combo did wonders for the shine. My wife commented that this is defiantly the best it has ever looked. So for here to say that it means it is true. Now I just want to get it back into the sunshine and really see what it looks like.
BowtieV6 Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:58 am
Such a thing of beauty :)
Sold :(
Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 am
Very nice shine. I'm definitely getting some of the Adams products soon
Next

Return to How-To: Article