Painting tail light bezels 2010 Camaro 3.6 L V6

Planning on doing a project and want to document it for the rest of us? Post it here!

Moderator: mrray13

Running 11s
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:15 pm
rtcat600man wrote:
GMGP5X wrote:Looks good. :thumbsup:

Thank - you......... :cheers:

junior wrote:Yeah, that does look great. :thumbsup:

Thank - you. I think they look great in black on certain color Camaro's (IOM being one of them).

Bee Sting wrote:Good job as always ! Mine were a pain in the ass to take out to . I need a easy mod next , I'm at 44 mods and counting.. spoiler arrives Today ! Hope UPS doesn't crush this 1 !

Again nice mod .

Thank - you. I try. :mrgreen: ........They are not easy to get off, but after the first one they did get easier. Secret is to get the top two tabs out part way and then work around the
lamp from the outside using a plastic trim removal tool and pry them out. GENTLY. working around the whole bezel, NEVER forcing anything. All 4 were out in under 10 minutes.

Easy mod. Did you look at my list and see if there were any that you have not done yet.

44 MODS......... :hail: ...........I need to see your list so that I can find a few more for me...... :thumbsup:

Do I get to count each billet item (under the hood) as one mod each or do all the under hood billet pieces count as one mod........... :shrug:

Sure hope this spoiler arrives in better shape than that last box showed. ......... :bashstick:

I'm lazy when it comes to posting my mods list ... I'm having a show banner made so I had to add up all the mods I have done to the car .
Now what I call a mod some may not .. anything that "Didn't" come on my car when I bought it I call a " Mod ".
I'll write it up and you guys tell me if its a mod or not .
TEAM LLT
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:22 pm
Bee Sting wrote:
rtcat600man wrote:
GMGP5X wrote:Looks good. :thumbsup:

Thank - you......... :cheers:

junior wrote:Yeah, that does look great. :thumbsup:

Thank - you. I think they look great in black on certain color Camaro's (IOM being one of them).

Bee Sting wrote:Good job as always ! Mine were a pain in the ass to take out to . I need a easy mod next , I'm at 44 mods and counting.. spoiler arrives Today ! Hope UPS doesn't crush this 1 !

Again nice mod .

Thank - you. I try. :mrgreen: ........They are not easy to get off, but after the first one they did get easier. Secret is to get the top two tabs out part way and then work around the
lamp from the outside using a plastic trim removal tool and pry them out. GENTLY. working around the whole bezel, NEVER forcing anything. All 4 were out in under 10 minutes.

Easy mod. Did you look at my list and see if there were any that you have not done yet.

44 MODS......... :hail: ...........I need to see your list so that I can find a few more for me...... :thumbsup:

Do I get to count each billet item (under the hood) as one mod each or do all the under hood billet pieces count as one mod........... :shrug:

Sure hope this spoiler arrives in better shape than that last box showed. ......... :bashstick:

I'm lazy when it comes to posting my mods list ... I'm having a show banner made so I had to add up all the mods I have done to the car .
Now what I call a mod some may not .. anything that "Didn't" come on my car when I bought it I call a " Mod ".
I'll write it up and you guys tell me if its a mod or not .

Sounds good. Create the list, start a thread and we will all chime in. Might have some good ones that I still want to do yet. :cheers:

I plan to count mine up tonight and see what I can count and not count.

I will post it up later tonight or tomorrow too.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:44 am
Looks grrrrrreat, when I get brave enough I am going to try it!
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 am
Lynnspeed wrote:Looks grrrrrreat, when I get brave enough I am going to try it!

Thank - you............took me a year and three tries to finally decide I was winning this battle. Take your time and work them slowly. I only released the top two and worked it from there. They did all come out without breaking any tabs......... :cheers:
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:25 pm
Looks good, goes right along with your color scheme. :mrgreen:
2LTRS/ black/sliver stripes/A6/Injen long tube&IAT relocate/D/T shortie headers/Magnaflow resonated X pipe/Resonators delete/ MRT V2 Axelback/Hotchkis sport springs and Sways/Stillen splitter/ Heritage,Stillen grills,ducts/VMax Throttle Body
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 am
BLACKBEE wrote:Looks good, goes right along with your color scheme. :mrgreen:

Thank - you.........yes indeed it does....... :thumbsup:

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:46 pm
yes does look very good i was thinking about this mod when i bought the car a month ago lol I might just buy ones already painted and hopefully no break any while trying to take them out.
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:45 am
chevymanva wrote:yes does look very good i was thinking about this mod when i bought the car a month ago lol I might just buy ones already painted and hopefully no break any while trying to take them out.

Thank - you, paint them your self, can of promotor paint and black spray paint. Less than 10 bucks and you have a new mod completed.
Attachments
tail lamps.jpg
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 am
That looks great on the IOM! I like it, good job!
Tori
2010 IBM 2LT RS 6M
"Raised by Wolves"
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:59 am
THANK - YOU heRS..............I think they look good on a few colors. IOM is defiantly one of them.
PreviousNext

Return to How-To: Article