OBX Headers. 2010 Camaro V6 3.6L

Planning on doing a project and want to document it for the rest of us? Post it here!

Moderator: mrray13

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:49 am
Magnaflow resonated X pipe arrived yesterday. I will have the exhaust out later today, pipes marked and ready for the saws all and welding hopefully tomorrow. Photos posted later.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:58 am
Awesome can not wait to hear you reviews. Good luck on the install.
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:13 pm
Took the exhaust out from the cat back on Sunday. Dropped it off at the muffler shop yesterday. Picked it back up today and completed the install. Took my Camaro for an hour drive when done. SOUNDS FANTASTIC. The Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe (part no. 11386) was the key. Photos have been added to the second post. I will add the sound clips from before the X pipe. You cannot tell from these sounds clips that I needed the X pipe. The sound did not pick up that issue. Each video has a description at the beginning telling you what you are hearing, except for the first one, which is shortly after the install I taped the sound.

for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:24 pm
Sounds good!!! Good Videos too. How lucky are you to be able to take it out for some test driving this time of year. How hard was the install doing it off of jack stands. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 am
GMGP5X wrote:Sounds good!!! Good Videos too. How lucky are you to be able to take it out for some test driving this time of year. How hard was the install doing it off of jack stands. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Damn Lucky to still be driving my Camaro this time of year. We have had snow 5 times this winter, and 5 times the county has salted, but we also have had 5 rain storms one after each salting to help wash the streets clean again. So looks like no storage for me this year. Just take it out on good days and keep things running and lubed. At this point April is only 70 days away.

As for the jack stands, it worked. really not that bad, I stood on milk crates when working from above and my buddy was under the Camaro most of the time working from below. Would I do it again? Yes, the satisfaction of doing it myself is a huge factor, but I would most certainly get some air tools to help the process along.
Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 pm
Sweet videos and install pics!!

Just having fun
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 pm
Sounds great. Did you notice a good amount of a HP and TQ increase from the LT headers? Are going to get the Trifecta tune next? I like to see your 1/4 mile times then. I would not be suprized if your in the same league as the challenger SRT-8 in the 1/4 mile with all of thoses mods and the intake or spacer when it comes out ?
2012 yellow and black Convertable SS Camaro,2SS,RS, 6PD manual ,got my killer bee , now the mods start all over again.
2013 Yamaha STRYKER
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S,"113" cu. inches,F/S
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm
TwoWorldsRacing wrote:Sweet videos and install pics!!

Thank - you.

113roadliner wrote:Sounds great. Did you notice a good amount of a HP and TQ increase from the LT headers? Are going to get the Trifecta tune next? I like to see your 1/4 mile times then. I would not be suprized if your in the same league as the challenger SRT-8 in the 1/4 mile with all of thoses mods and the intake or spacer when it comes out ?

Thank - you, Most defiantly I can tell the HP and Torque has improved. I already have the tune. Once I make some passes at the track I will be posting up those results. Won't be until April. Waiting for the track to open again.
Previous

Return to How-To: Article