No votes
DINO
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes : 22

Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 pm
I think the K&N's are pretty decent...a little overpriced though (atleast over here)...you guys should read up on bobistheoilguy that forum is all about oils and filters...alot of good info over there.

I'm not a member over there, but I read a little here and there...some of the stuff is extremely technical and can give you a headache sometimes.
Amsoil Synthetic Oils http://www.lubedealer.com/canadian-synthetics

*Lowest prices in both the USA and Canada
*Several distribution centers located around North America
*Discounts prices on NGK/Mothers/WIX filters/Injen and many more
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:51 am
I'm in for Mobil
Parts for 2010-2011 Camaro V6 and V8.
http://www.rpidesigns.com
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:34 pm
Mobil 1 Synthetic. Started using this product at the first oil change last June and just purchased product for the next change today (I don’t drive much :facepalm: ). Advance Auto Parts has a 5 quart with filter deal for $32.99.

To be honest, I had one bad experience with Mobil 1 years ago, but I could never prove it was due to the oil. Let’s just say that I will never use a synthetic product in an old engine with lifelong exposure to non-synthetic oils. The final resolution involved a full engine rebuild. I feel very confident using synthetic on a modern engine especially if you start them early with the product.
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
Just having fun
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:41 am
Sneeks20 wrote:How are the k&n filters? Thinking i might go with them on my next oil change or stay with ac delco. Not sure yet.

I've sworn by K&N for years, although I've gotten away from their intakes only because other companies are designing for better airflow throughout the entire intake, but I've always loved their durable filters.

I've used K&N oil filters on a modified Duratec V6, a supercharged 3800 with boost work, and now my Camaro. The standard block mounted filters are great because they had a nut attachment on them to help you remove the filter if you had any seizing (which I never did), and the filtration element is rated at high, high removal rate under more pressure than most cars will ever make. The filters for our car are just a drop in element, but they fit factory tight and use the same filtration element as a block mounted filter.

K&N are quality, and I take them seriously because they also seem to take their field seriously. I mean... they designed a nut end on their filter bodies. It's simple enough, but they put the thought into that whereas other companies like Fram took years to catch on with their grippy ends on filters.

I'd go with K&N over OEM Delco in a heartbeat, and it's my understanding that K&N oil filters take out smaller particles, more consistently under greater pressure than most other brands.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:01 pm
MIAquablue wrote:Mobil 1 Synthetic. Started using this product at the first oil change last June and just purchased product for the next change today (I don’t drive much :facepalm: ). Advance Auto Parts has a 5 quart with filter deal for $32.99.

To be honest, I had one bad experience with Mobil 1 years ago, but I could never prove it was due to the oil. Let’s just say that I will never use a synthetic product in an old engine with lifelong exposure to non-synthetic oils. The final resolution involved a full engine rebuild. I feel very confident using synthetic on a modern engine especially if you start them early with the product.

Thanks for posting the special. I'm about to change mine and the Advance Auto special is a great deal. I'll definately be shopping there! Runs through May 25th acording to the website btw. :thumbsup:
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:42 pm
Hawgredcamaro wrote:
MIAquablue wrote:Mobil 1 Synthetic. Started using this product at the first oil change last June and just purchased product for the next change today (I don’t drive much :facepalm: ). Advance Auto Parts has a 5 quart with filter deal for $32.99.

Thanks for posting the special. I'm about to change mine and the Advance Auto special is a great deal. I'll definately be shopping there! Runs through May 25th acording to the website btw. :thumbsup:

Happy to have helped! :D I was not looking for a particular deal on oil; rather I just came across it during a trip to Advance to pick up a special order. The deal was so good that I think I will pick up a non-synthetic kit for the Cobalt. I never used a Mobil-branded oil filter before so this is a first.
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues