Seat Heater died

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:47 pm
travis wrote:too slow :tease: jk man

Your to damn fast. :hail: :rotfl:

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/Hypertech programmer/VMax Isolater/Mace Ported IM & Plenum Spacer
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:01 pm
I got called away just as I found the page that shows the seats. So I am back and was ready to post the exact same pictures. Thanks Travis. I see that there is a back. I have only felt the heat in the bottom and my wife confirmed the same thing for the passenger seat. I always thought this was weird, but since the button only shows heat coming from the bottom, I thought maybe only the bottom was heated. Going to the garage in a minute to start the Camaro and leave the seats on for a while and then check for the connectors too.

Thanks guys........ :thumbsup:
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:30 pm
WELL WELL WELL...........THE SEAT BACK HEATERS WORK............ :woot: ..............That's the good news.

The not so bad news is:
Odd thou they don't get as hot as the bottom seat does. Is this normal for you guys and gals. I hardly ever use them. The bottom gets to hot and I shut it off with-in the first 2 minutes. I am like a walking furnace according to my family.

Bottom line, the backs are working.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:15 pm
Mine had a brief issue a few weeks ago where you'd push the button and it would just blink laughingly at you then shut off. Moved the seat back and forth and it's been working fine since then. Sounds like a wiring issue. I'll make sure to take Selene in before the warranty period.
Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues