Noisy front struts are normal?

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:14 am
AWESOME! Thank you SD ! :hail:

Loose Lumber?? WOW I know the normal noise they are talking about, but my noise is only in the drivers side and it is a for sure double knock.... Not the low toned bump both struts make. My problem is the only time I have heard this is when I am pulling out of my development onto the road. There is a slight incline with a drainage runoff between the exit and the main road. And yes I am turning to the left... Sooooo I don't know how they are to duplicate that.

The dealership is going to come pick my car up at my place of work Friday, drop off a loaner and the "Service Manager" is going to check it out! (or so they say) Getting a free oil change, full tank of gas, my window tint redone, window fixed, and hopefully the front end will be tight. Anything else I should ask for? Customer Care will check back with me in a few days. I do know if they still tell me my font end is fine I'm getting another opinion. Wish me luck!!!! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Lynnspeed on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:54 am
GOOD LUCK. Lynnspeed.
Hopefully they get this taken care of for you. Funny how one phone call can get you the service manager to come and pick it up, drop off the loaner, and getting a free oil change, full tank of gas, my window tint redone, window fixed. They don't want the regional rep. breathing down their neck.

Too bad it had to go this far in the first place.

Let us know the outcome.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:56 am
Glad to hear your getting it resolved. Sucks you had to take it that far to get them to take action though.
BowtieV6 Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:40 pm
Hmm I wonder if maybe its a joint, or the lower control arm? Whatever it is, I hope you get it fixed soon.
Sold :(
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:29 pm
UPDATE!

I wont be seeing my car until Monday!!! :thumbsdown: Possibly Saturday... They finished everything except they noise in the front!! They heard it but are having difficulty figuring out what it is.. :shrug: I told him to read this forum.. I don't think he liked that.. but it is true.. LOL Meanwhile I am sporting a Newish Malibu...... nice car and I don't have to worry where I'm parking! LOL

Thoughts & prayers go out to all of those affected by the earthquake & tsunamis.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 am
hopefully you hear something today from the dealer. Fingers are crossed :)
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 pm
OK, I received my car today. They really had no reason to keep it over the weekend as I went buy and just saw it sitting in the lot. They fixed the tint and the window (which I haven't tried since they re-tinted it) Changed the oil ( free) put the (free) sills on, washed and filled the tank (free).... And as for the struts.... "could not duplicate complaint" :blahblah: sooooooo, I was told they put it on the rack and made sure everything was tight. So lets see when I leave my development in the am.... IF I still hear it they will come down to my house and drive it with me! CRAZY! Keep those fingers crossed!!!!
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:05 pm
At least your getting free stuff out of it lol.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm
Well hopefully it will not do it anymore even though they said they could not find nothing.At least you got some freebies and you got there attention to give you good service from now on.
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:40 am
Good news is you got lots of free stuff, and now have the managers attention. Hopefully either the problem goes away or they can hear it to when you duplicate the problem for them.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PreviousNext

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues