Ignition Key Recall

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 pm
MIAquablue wrote:
Baldman wrote:
MIAquablue wrote:I'm going through with it. Just got the official letter this week, called the dealership and parts have been ordered. I've never had the car back to a dealership for any service since January of 2010 ,and there are a couple of additional items I want them to look at including rear differential noise at low speeds (there is a bulletin published for diff oil swap with LSD additive) and a long-known software flash for the radio (date resets to first of month if not driven in a week or two). Not too happy about bringing the car back to a dealership but I want these items taken care of prior to the 5-year in service/extended warranty expiration.
I didn't know there was software flash for the radio(I've always reset it when it needed to) besides it's a common problem with older Camaros. :) I'm going to get the keys done too the next oil change, so I don't need any more frustrations.

My dealership was able to pull up a bulletin specific to the radio display clock and date reset problem; it was published in 2010. I did not jot down the specific bulletin number but I will try to provide it after they complete the update on my car.

The bulletin number that you will want to provide to the dealership to address this problem is #PI0136, Calendar Date on Radio Display Changes (dated 5/21/2010). The procedure involves simply reprograming the radio using the latest calibration available. Just got the car back today so it will take sometime until I can confirm that this update addressed the problem.
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:15 pm
OK. Job's done. Here is a photo of the modified fobs with new keys. Nice work; no sharp edges where the old key blades were removed. The chrome key base is still present and there is a slot where the blade was once inserted (not shown) Yes, there is an empty cavity along the side of each fob but I'm not concerned with this from an appearance or tactile perspective. Happy to have the car back home!
Attachments
Modified Camaro Key Assembly.jpg
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:50 pm
Bought my 2011 in February of 2015 and I just got a recall in the mail. My key was already altered by a dealership but apparently didn't regi it. :nana:
Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues