1LE Separator

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:27 pm
I saw this on another site and was wondering if someone could confirm if this was installed correctly on the LLT since it is the first time I have seen one installed on a V6. I am considering doing this to my 2010 in the future to go along with my catch can.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312120

Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:00 pm
2010RS wrote:I saw this on another site and was wondering if someone could confirm if this was installed correctly on the LLT since it is the first time I have seen one installed on a V6. I am considering doing this to my 2010 in the future to go along with my catch can.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312120

I know Freddie from C5 and also he's in the same club that I'm in. I've seen it installed in his Camaro and he's not had any reported problems. I would PM on C5 and ask him about it. Tell him Baldman recommended you talk to him.
TEAM LLT
Running 12s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 pm
$99 plus $10 &H for the RX version....1/2 price GM's and nicer looking. Installs the same way and yes, they work great. Stop the clean side ingestion that occurs at WOT when there is no measureable vacuum and oil mist enters upstream of the throttle body.

But remember, clean side ingestion is only 1-3% of the oil ingestion via the intake air charge.....the dirty side is where nearly all comes from and you need to stop that before looking further.

:thumbsup:
Last edited by Bat Car on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm
Is this a better solution than the breather? If so, how is it better?
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Black bow ties & trunk panel / Fogs / Footwell lighting front & rear / 35% Tint
Running 12s
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:18 am
Yes and no....the breather completely eliminates the clean side ingestion path by giving the crankcase a separate filtered air source with eliminating the OEM cleanside tube, and has an integrated flow controlling checkvalve so the ECU/PCM can adapt and keep the fuel trims within the preset parameters needed.

The 1LE style keeps this path intact so all air entering the intake air charge is 100% metered allowing more accurate fuel trims, but it also may allow a small amount of oil mist to enter upstream of the throttle body....but the amount would be so minor the benefit of more accurate fuel trims IMHO outweighs the standard RX breather, so the 1LE style is really the ideal solution.

:thumbsup:
Gearhead
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 am
OK, thanks! Good to know.
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Black bow ties & trunk panel / Fogs / Footwell lighting front & rear / 35% Tint
Running 12s
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 am
Revised RX Billet unit. Easily take apart to clean if desired, and far more effective that the plastic GM unit at 1/2 the price. $99

Running 12s
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:36 pm
Anyone wants to install one of these PM me for a one time price deal......there is no better cleanside solution to date. 1/2 the cost of the plastic GM version and billet with removable top to be able to inspect and clean if desired, super easy install and unlike the VR open breather messing w/fuel trims, this retains 100% metered air and NO pressure issues.
Running 12s
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:56 pm
Here is one installed on a top mount:

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:02 pm
I received one of these separator's from Tracy for testing. I was able to install it the day before I went into storage. I like the idea of what it will do over the breather. Looks nice too. I will have further comments on it in the spring when I get a chance to put some miles on it.
Attachments
post seperator.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues