Windshield photo

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Running 11s
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 pm
I looked at mine today it's blacked out in the center with dots around the edge weird that its different from both of the pictures.
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage
Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:13 pm
I had my windshield replaced last year with one that is solid by the mirror. It doesn't bother me any, doesn't block my vision.
Last edited by gahammerle on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Black bow ties & trunk panel / Fogs / Footwell lighting front & rear / 35% Tint

Gearhead
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:34 pm
I just wonder how many Camaro owners have had to replace their windshields mainly for cracks or something else? :shrug: I for one have had to replace mine twice, both for cracks recieved from something flying into the windshield on the interstate. :x
TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:00 pm
man yea, sounds like quite a few are on their second windshield already which seems crazy. The angle must just be right or something
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:22 am
Sorry guys...I had a busy week. Here is a photo of the replacement windshield and it is now the correct one. It is still not an OEM glass but it has the correct "dots" as far as I am concerned. Here is an interesting fact I discovered.....The first windshield with all of the blacked out area was made in China. It was clearly marked as such in the lower left corner of the windshield. For what it's worth, this second windshield was made in Canada. This is clearly marked also in the lower left corner.

Don't know if that has any value at all, but perhaps this aftermarket vendor had the right prints from GM to make the aftermarket glass, while the first one was a knock off copy from some company in China.

Who knows...all I know is I am now happy with the replacement!
Attachments
photo (1).JPG
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 pm
good to hear they got it switched for ya. Still weird why such the difference between all companies. Probably like you said though with the manufacturers.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:03 am
The Chinese one is probably really cheap and they can make more money on people

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:12 am
Don't see nothing? ?
Attachments
20131102_124318.jpg
Last edited by mdcapitolpolice on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DONT SLEEP ON THE V6 CAMARO.......ALL HATERS BEWARE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:51 am
So my windshield got smashed a little over a year ago. When I called insurance they forward me to one of those "come to you and replace in your driveway companies." I asked for OEM and they said they couldn't promise that and quoted me $900 for a new windshield. I said that is okay I will shop around, I called a body shop in town because I needed body repair work too. They told me 3 months for an OEM windshield. I said fine I will wait, well 2 weeks later I got a call that a totaled Camaro came into their lot and the windshield's Vins matched and he asked if I wanted a "used" windshield.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:45 pm
so did you take the used one then?

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Previous

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues