Problem and my GM exp. so far

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:29 am
yea I don't think the lights did it either, sounds like they are looking for something to blame for a failed part. At least they are covering it, but the footwells if on that long wouldn't do it now. They would have shorted it soon after.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:46 pm
photo 2.PNG
photo 1 (1).PNG

A Friend found this; I agree they were trying to justify it,but for a known problem? Just wanted to run this by people in case something similar happens. ;)
2011 2LT/RS RJT CGM stripes. MRT2.0, RJT RotoFabCAI, RX Catchcan&breather,35%tint, RJT enginecover, flamed fbox cover,DRL harness, RotoFab washer, ADM scoop,VMAX TB,trunk enclosure,RS headrests,lugnut decals,RJTcenter caps,TrifectaTune,AAC footwell.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm
thanks for sharing the info!
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm
No problem. Now to get to the bottom of why they left me high and dry.
2011 2LT/RS RJT CGM stripes. MRT2.0, RJT RotoFabCAI, RX Catchcan&breather,35%tint, RJT enginecover, flamed fbox cover,DRL harness, RotoFab washer, ADM scoop,VMAX TB,trunk enclosure,RS headrests,lugnut decals,RJTcenter caps,TrifectaTune,AAC footwell.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 pm
Out4it wrote:No problem. Now to get to the bottom of why they left me high and dry.

Personally I think it is the dealership that left you high and dry, not GM. The dealer that I deal with (Rodgers Chevrolet) has told me that if I leave a vehicle they will provide a vehicle to use while mine is in for service. Another good example my daughter needed service (sunroof leaking) and her dealer said it would be a week before they could get to it since they had no car to give her. I called Rodgers that night, they said bring it in the morning and we will take care of her. (Keep in mind it is a 60 mile each way trip for us, but I would not go anywhere else now.) She went and dropped off her car and got a replacement one for the day. No questions asked. I even have a few peoples numbers who said call anytime if you should ever need to get it in for any reason at anytime and they would meet me there and hook me up if need be. Now that is the way you want to be treated.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm
rtcat600man wrote:
Out4it wrote:No problem. Now to get to the bottom of why they left me high and dry.

Personally I think it is the dealership that left you high and dry, not GM. The dealer that I deal with (Rodgers Chevrolet) has told me that if I leave a vehicle they will provide a vehicle to use while mine is in for service. Another good example my daughter needed service (sunroof leaking) and her dealer said it would be a week before they could get to it since they had no car to give her. I called Rodgers that night, they said bring it in the morning and we will take care of her. (Keep in mind it is a 60 mile each way trip for us, but I would not go anywhere else now.) She went and dropped off her car and got a replacement one for the day. No questions asked. I even have a few peoples numbers who said call anytime if you should ever need to get it in for any reason at anytime and they would meet me there and hook me up if need be. Now that is the way you want to be treated.

Correct. I want to be treated even half as good as that. I believe blame is with both,but more with GM. Since I had them on the phone, and explained I was 150 miles from home,etc. They told me (GM) they couldn't do anything until the car was diagnosed. I told GM that the tech wouldn't look at it until Monday. I asked GM to call the dealership and ask the tech to confirm the car won't start,they said they couldn't do that. The tech at the dealership told me even if GM had said give me a car,the rental company they deal with closed at noon. It was 12:35. Now I told the Serice manager,it was a national chain,and that there was more than branch in the city. He told me he was sorry and that there was nothing he could do. I asked him how me and my family were to get home. He said he had no idea.

So I put blame on both party's. But GM trumps the dealership,and could have taken care of it after the dealership wouldn't. so a little more on GM's shoulders.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 am
Hiya, sorry to hear about your problems.

Who is the dealer that gave you this lousy service? I live by Philly and want to make sure I don't use them.
Phillies Phan for Life!!!!!
I love the feel of a ragtop, to be at one with nature, to enjoy and smell the roses of life!!!
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 am
Gordon Chevy.
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:29 pm
UPDATE: Customer Service called today. They won't reimburse me for any lost time at work. But as a token,they will give me 2 yrs of Onstar. Totally rediculous,but at least its something.
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:32 pm
More info.
Attachments
CCF12122012_0000.pdf
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
PreviousNext

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues