Change your cabin air filter

General problems, repairs and maintenance. Fix squeaks, rattles, etc

Moderator: mrray13

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 pm
bahaha. :D
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm
"MY" mistake on the parts folks. AutoZone does not have the Cabin Air Filters yet. No part numbers listed either. I must have been looking up one of my other cars and was mistaken that I looked up the Camaro also.

Sorry Folks!
Early 2010 2LT/RS 6M, Hurst Shifter kit, Full Magnaflow exhaust, KN Typhoon Intake, Black Ice Isolator and low miles
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 am
My wife stopped @ Jiffy Lube and had her oiled changed awhile back. They talked her into filters, wow it was like 40.00 for them there. I told her never again..
2 LT/RS RJT
RX Catch Can
Magna Flow Exhaust
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:25 am
IrocJack wrote:My wife stopped @ Jiffy Lube and had her oiled changed awhile back. They talked her into filters, wow it was like 40.00 for them there. I told her never again..

None of those Quick change places are the place to go for filters. They are barely capable of changing oil let alone doing other service on cars and trucks. Went there once with one of my cars due to a coupon special. The stripped the oil pan plug and cross threaded it in. Thankfull, I was able to use an over-sized thread oil plug and I didn't need a new oil pan. I got NO SATISFACTION from them even by going all the way up to the Regional Manager. That told me a lot about these operations.
Early 2010 2LT/RS 6M, Hurst Shifter kit, Full Magnaflow exhaust, KN Typhoon Intake, Black Ice Isolator and low miles
Just having fun
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:52 pm
Agreed..I had oil changed on a Galant once. When I changed it myself next time the fill plug was barely tight.
2 LT/RS RJT
RX Catch Can
Magna Flow Exhaust

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:30 pm
Just had my cabin filter changed at the dealer yesterday. So glad it is done! Whenever I would turn on the AC a foul smell would come out of the vents. Smell is now gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:14 am
chobbs wrote:Just had my cabin filter changed at the dealer yesterday. So glad it is done! Whenever I would turn on the AC a foul smell would come out of the vents. Smell is now gone!

Good to hear it took care of the smell. Did the dealership say if it was wet or anything when they did it?
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 am
No they did not say it was wet. They did show me the old filter and I kept it for comparison reasons. In fact the quick lube technician had no idea there was a cabin filter! I told him to change it and he said "I don't think your car has one, they stopped putting those in cars around 1995" I guaranteed him that the camaro had them and he did not believe me.

Back to your question, though. I still don't know if it was wet. But the smell was a moist mildewy smell so I am sure it was getting some moisture due to condensation.

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 am
I just bought my new replacement, I plan to change it in the next week or two. I went 20K on the orignal factory one and I am about there (20K) on the replacment one.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 am
25000 miles. Ick
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346336460.658467.jpg
PreviousNext

Return to General Maintenance and Tech Issues