Just Installed Injen Long Tube Cold Air Intake

Bolt-Ons, Intakes, Exhaust, Ignition, Pulleys

Moderator: mrray13

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am
I just installed the injen long tube cold air intake to my car last night. And I don't know what to think yet. Everyone was saying that it will sound like a turbo and have a whistle, but I have yet to hear it. It may be because my exhaust is LOUD but i still feel like i should be able to hear it when I'm giving it throttle in higher gears. Other than that, I feel like there is a difference in throttle response and that it gets up and goes better.
When you turn your Camaro on, does it return the favor? Mine does
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 pm
Do some searching around in this section, using the search button, there was some good detailed help somewhere. Might be with the RX ice-olator install.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 pm
usually with any cold air intake you get some slight whistle, or change in exhaust tone. But yea if your exhaust is loud it may be droning it out lol. It is more of a slurping sound as it is sucking in the air than a turbo sound
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

Gearhead
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:27 pm
rtcat600man wrote:Do some searching around in this section, using the search button, there was some good detailed help somewhere. Might be with the RX ice-olator install.

Why are you saying to do this?
travis wrote:usually with any cold air intake you get some slight whistle, or change in exhaust tone. But yea if your exhaust is loud it may be droning it out lol. It is more of a slurping sound as it is sucking in the air than a turbo sound

Either way I am pleased with this intake so far.
When you turn your Camaro on, does it return the favor? Mine does
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:07 pm
Glad to hear that the new intake is working for you in terms of performance enhancements. When I installed my CAI system, I still had the stock exhaust and the sound was notably present (turbo-like). Several months later, I installed the cat-back (more of a mild system) and I lost some of the unique intake sound as it was overwhelmed by the exhaust, but there is still a difference in the intake sound and performance quality.
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:16 pm
Trentin24 wrote:
rtcat600man wrote:Do some searching around in this section, using the search button, there was some good detailed help somewhere. Might be with the RX ice-olator install.

Why are you saying to do this?
travis wrote:usually with any cold air intake you get some slight whistle, or change in exhaust tone. But yea if your exhaust is loud it may be droning it out lol. It is more of a slurping sound as it is sucking in the air than a turbo sound

Either way I am pleased with this intake so far.

:shrug: .......because I copied and pasted the wrong comment........... :banghead: ........my bad........... :eek:

Here is the comment that was suppose to show up........... :cheers:

CONGRATS......give it time to break in and relearn the new INJEN. Then for the whistle sound roll down the window and accerate half throttle and listen for the whistle.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:29 pm
Congrats on the injen.
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage

Return to 2010-2011 LLT 3.6l External Engine Tech