Rx Performance customer review

Had a good/bad transaction and want everyone to know about it? Wondering if anyone has dealt with a member here before you buy from them? Feel free to post here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:50 pm
Well, for those that have been following this thread, here are some updates...

- Cams were sent to Rx and were delivered via Ups ground, insured with signature required on Wednesday of this week. Refund... well hopefully it is on it's way.

- My car is out of the shop and the following is what it took and cost me to get my car running properly.

1) Uninstall MACE cams.
2) Uninstall Rx ported heads.
4) Re-install stock cams.
5) Get used stock heads from a salvage yard and installed.
5) Install new Borg Warner 7064 EFR turbo.
6) Fix other issues like RTV'd bolts, new oil feed line (BW tech manual states to from a -4 to a -6 feed line if longer than 3 feet in length). Rx kept a -4 even though the BW tech manual specifically states not to do that. My feed line is 12 feet long. Increase the size of oil return line from -6 to -8 and have a proper PCV setup installed.
7) Re-adjust meth settings as the ones Rx programed were way off.

Total cost of all this... $2575.00 to fix all of Rx's mistakes.

Synopsis:
- The BW 6258 is way too small of a turbo to use on the V6 Camaro, bottom line!! The new turbo sounds so much better, power curve is linear and the engine runs extremely smooth.

- The new PCV setup allow for proper evac while still keeping a closed loop system under vaccum. The Rx FI can fittings can't evac enough flow under boost, period! Plus the Rx breather element was letting in unmetered air and throwing off fuel trims during the updating tunnig with Trifecta. ECU was not compensating for the unmetered air by the way. The new PCV evac allows fresh flow in and blow by out on the clean side and allows blowby on the dirty side...all fresh air in is metered air! Huge difference with the new system!! I was amazed at how much air at idle/ low speed daily driving is ingested via the clean side and how much blow by is evac'd during boost. The Rx FI can and breather was really messing things up. Zero oil in my intake tract now.

-Loaded the new tune from Trifecta and the car runs fantastic!! AFR's are where they should be and vaccum pressures are now steady. I have 1 hour of dyno time scheduled to do some more data logging on Wednesday, fine tune the meth and just see how much RWHP I am making. I'll post the sheets when it's done. Feels so good to finally have a solid running car. In retrospect it is a shame I had to spend a fair amount of money to get it that way when it should have been this way from the get go! Do you research first gents!!
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 am
elsololobo02 wrote:Well, for those that have been following this thread, here are some updates...

- Cams were sent to Rx and were delivered via Ups ground, insured with signature required on Wednesday of this week. Refund... well hopefully it is on it's way.

- My car is out of the shop and the following is what it took and cost me to get my car running properly.

1) Uninstall MACE cams.
2) Uninstall Rx ported heads.
4) Re-install stock cams.
5) Get used stock heads from a salvage yard and installed.
5) Install new Borg Warner 7064 EFR turbo.
6) Fix other issues like RTV'd bolts, new oil feed line (BW tech manual states to from a -4 to a -6 feed line if longer than 3 feet in length). Rx kept a -4 even though the BW tech manual specifically states not to do that. My feed line is 12 feet long. Increase the size of oil return line from -6 to -8 and have a proper PCV setup installed.
7) Re-adjust meth settings as the ones Rx programed were way off.

Total cost of all this... $2575.00 to fix all of Rx's mistakes.

Synopsis:
- The BW 6258 is way too small of a turbo to use on the V6 Camaro, bottom line!! The new turbo sounds so much better, power curve is linear and the engine runs extremely smooth.

- The new PCV setup allow for proper evac while still keeping a closed loop system under vaccum. The Rx FI can fittings can't evac enough flow under boost, period! Plus the Rx breather element was letting in unmetered air and throwing off fuel trims during the updating tunnig with Trifecta. ECU was not compensating for the unmetered air by the way. The new PCV evac allows fresh flow in and blow by out on the clean side and allows blowby on the dirty side...all fresh air in is metered air! Huge difference with the new system!! I was amazed at how much air at idle/ low speed daily driving is ingested via the clean side and how much blow by is evac'd during boost. The Rx FI can and breather was really messing things up. Zero oil in my intake tract now.

-Loaded the new tune from Trifecta and the car runs fantastic!! AFR's are where they should be and vaccum pressures are now steady. I have 1 hour of dyno time scheduled to do some more data logging on Wednesday, fine tune the meth and just see how much RWHP I am making. I'll post the sheets when it's done. Feels so good to finally have a solid running car. In retrospect it is a shame I had to spend a fair amount of money to get it that way when it should have been this way from the get go! Do you research first gents!!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear your car is running well. Let us know if/when you get your refund.
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall, GPI Fuel Enrichment System
586 RWHP & 606 RWTQ on 93 Octane @20 psi
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:53 am
good to hear the car is running good. Hopefully you will stick around here and post in other areas now instead of just the feedback thread. Seems there is a nice following of RX bashers that only come here when they can bash but don't stick around to post and be members of the rest of the board here. Would really like to see more guys posting instead of just lurking the RX threads. :thumbsup:
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:18 pm
travis wrote:good to hear the car is running good. Hopefully you will stick around here and post in other areas now instead of just the feedback thread. Seems there is a nice following of RX bashers that only come here when they can bash but don't stick around to post and be members of the rest of the board here. Would really like to see more guys posting instead of just lurking the RX threads. :thumbsup:

Me too, finally the car is running like a champ! Getting her on the dyno Wednesday!! I would be more than happy to share any knowledge about my build with other members in other sections. Hope to be able to pass on lesson learned.

I have to disagree about the Rx bashers. I think others would be more than willing to post up their lessons learned but whenever someone posts something negative or postitve Rx is right there with a response. If you post positive feedback you are a best friend but if you post even something slightly negative or unfavorable you get hammered. Then the hammering turns into libel, slander and even getting postings about personal information of family members on sites (no me but some others) which is completely uncalled for. That is very frustrating as most are simply trying to post their experience and keep members informed. There is nothing wrong with that and forum members are appreciative of gaining knowledge on builds or simply reading about other customers experiences.

The best way I think to put is that the "bashers" (all former Rx customers) have legitimate complaints and most have spent thousands, some even tens of thousands only to have to spend more to get stuff fixed and that is just not right. Sure do emotions get invloved at times...yes. I think most of all posts from customers in this thread have been very honest and informative. I have been on many other sites and no business owners would fire back the way Rx does at times and the mods would get fed up and start banning or suspending accounts. We were all promised one thing and we had to deal with another thing, time after time, after time. So we get fed up as any human can only take so much and feel a duty to inform others not to make the same mistakes.

I undestand that you have a obligation to your sponsors as they pay fees which aide in generating funds to run the site but when a sponsor or sponsors do their customers wrong, or perform below standard work, or make claims/promises to provide a service/product and don't deliver then something is very wrong. You also have a obligation to the forum members too, not just the sponsors.

If it were just one, maybe two peolple I could understand but the reality is almost all of Rx FI builds (20 ish) are complaining and not just V6'ers either and not just this site. They have provided e-mails, photos, text messages, video etc to validate their claims just as I have. If you were in any of our shoes you or anyone for that matter would feel the same way. Has Rx attempted to remedy situations, yes... but the true failure in all this is the remedies should not need to happen in the first place and sometimes the remedies just make things worse.
Running 13s
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm
Glad to hear the car Is running good.

Travis how is it RX bashing when customers have picture proof of the work? Sounds like facts to me, maybe that's considered bashing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:16 am
BaylorCamaro wrote:Glad to hear the car Is running good.

Travis how is it RX bashing when customers have picture proof of the work? Sounds like facts to me, maybe that's considered bashing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

There are about 10-12 members that have signed up that there only purpose here was to post in RX threads and not a single other thread here. ;) Pictures and proof are fine, but it would be nice to see those same people not use the forum just to post in RX threads, but to use the forum for more than that as a v6 place in general to have fun and hang out with the rest of the v6 owners.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:19 pm
To close this thread out after a year Rx performance has finally paid the refund for the cams. What did it take to complete?

- hire an attorney.
- have proof of the refund promised (emails and text messages).

Rx waited all the way to the last hour until mediation to settle. Reason being is if Rx did not show it was an instant win for me and he would have had to pay the entire $2.2k refund in one payment. So at H hour he agreed to pay in monthly installments. Two of the payments were late and one check bounced.

If I can pass any advice to anyone who was scammed by Rx is if they promised you any refund in any provable way (email, text, voicemail or forum PM) and your refund is more than $1.5k then get an attorney to get your money back if he still hasn't paid you back. This is the best way to deal with scam artists shops like Rx. Lots of fairly price attorneys in Bradenton and if you would like info on the one I used feel free to PM me.
Running 12s
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:36 am
The facts that esolo and his other trouble makers refuse to post are this. Esolo's work was done as contracted. Every bit. Mace had ground the cams wrong and refused to honor or stand behind them. We had to eat over $3500 for 3 sets of bad cams....but we still did it. The only area of legitimate dispute was he specified a different turbo than was installed which we went back and verified and paid him the difference. The rest was all BS and hate.....and after paying him what he asked for (again, WE are out the cost of the cams due to Mace not standing behind the products, but we still did) he goes and slanders us yet again. So, the lesson here? You can't please all not matter what you do and his lack of ethics is glaringly apparent to do such after we held up our end of the deal at a large loss of $.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:03 am
- Unfortunately the work was not done as contracted.

- MACE did say I could return the cams to them if I had purchased directly from MACE. MACE did state and I have posted the email on camarofive, that MACE gave you those cams at no cost to test.

- I only recieved the difference for the decrepancy in the single scroll vs the twin scroll when I hired an attorney once you agreed (mediated) to pay $1800.00 for the cams, $200.00 for the incorrect turbo housing, and a $30.00 fee for your bounced check from another business called Zeppi automotive. Had I not retained counsel I would have never seen a dime.

- No hate on my end. I won and you lost. Thumbs up Rx!
Running 12s
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:45 pm
Everything we promised from the start but you refused to accept. And to clarify, Mace sent one set of early cans that could not be used period as they were not drilled/tapped for the cam bolts, but the cams YOU were sold we paid for...3 sets. And MACE refuses to stand behind them.
Previous

Return to Member Feedback