GM performance division emblem

Off-Topic discussions that have no specified spot
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm
I was giving one at Oshawa and wanted to know what this emblem stands for. The person that gave it to me told me, I would be probably the second V6 with one there's being the other.
Last edited by GMGP5X on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm
think your title answered that question ;)
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:35 pm
I was just looking for a little more Info.
Red Ryder 2011 2LT/ RS/ VR / Roto-Fab Cai / ARK DTS cat back exhaust / Defender Works Chrome door sills /RPI Stealth mud guards / DIY painted engine cover, and brake rotors / Suntek Window tint / RX catch can / Team LLT Badges. TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 pm
haha just giving ya a hard time
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:52 pm
I just got done talking with the MAN who knows all there is on that badge. His daughter and my daughter are best friends. They use to play softball together. They are at each other’s house almost every weekend. He use to work for the PERFORMANCE DIVISION and was located in MILFORD, MICHIGAN. HE is now at the TECH CENTER and just 250 feet down the hallway from me. He is one of the main race guys for driving the Camaro’s at Milford. He KNOWS his stuff, (races cars on the side as a hobby). I am about to give you some info. that not many know, (and is OK to repeat) the media never picked up on this fact as well as GM would have liked them too.

The BADGE means that the car meets or exceeds the GM PERFORMANCE DIVISION approval for racing capability. IT was installed on all SS models for the first half a year in 2010. The badge was then removed for cost savings of the badge.

To earn the badge the Camaro SS now has the following 3 items as stock from the factory.

1. Brembro brakes.

2. Trans. cooler (manual only)

3. Engine oil cooler

These 3 areas were tested on the race track and had to meet certain specs. With these 3 items added the Camaro SS meets or exceeds those specs, and now can sport the BADGE.

Too bad 99% of the Camaro owners do NOT know this and probably never will. I know I didn't until 30 minutes ago.

and NO, the V6 does not meet the specs and does not get the BADGE. Thus the reason NO V6 was ever released with this BADGE.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm
travis wrote:haha just giving ya a hard time

Yep that's what I figured. :rofl:
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm
Wow catman you exceeded my expectations with that response. Thanks for doing the research. :thumbsup:
Gearhead
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:37 pm
i added one to my v6...with the prod. number decal around it.
BowTie V6's First Ever Featured Ride!
-Team LLT
A memeber of The South Jersey Camaro Club
Running 11s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 pm
CamaroFTW wrote:i added one to my v6...with the prod. number decal around it.

Very cool. Where did you get the production # decal.Thanks
Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm
believe it or not, there was a guy on ebay makin em...not sure if he still is
BowTie V6's First Ever Featured Ride!
-Team LLT
A memeber of The South Jersey Camaro Club
Next

Return to Lounge