track time

1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, track times

Moderator: rtcat600man

Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm
IMJ wrote:
rtcat600man wrote:I have been accused of deploying one of these at the 1/8th mile......... :rofl:

Give it enough time and someone will post asking why you needed a parachute to slow down....

:lol: :rofl: :rotfl: :rolrun:

Hopefully not on this forum. On the other one, well all I can remember was Scrming showing his 0-60 from a dashhawk and a v8 a-hole making it out like us dumb V6ers thought the dashhawk added power. :facepalm: One born every minute over there...
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall, GPI Fuel Enrichment System
586 RWHP & 606 RWTQ on 93 Octane @20 psi
Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:07 pm
rtcat600man wrote:I have been accused of deploying one of these at the 1/8th mile......... :rofl:

Hmm. You think it'd work? I guess we could use the sharkfin as a main mast.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Tuned by Vince@Trifecta
Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm
I have no problem with an unofficial list. The V8 guys have had one going for some time in it's own thread. It's good for the folks who live in a higher elevation to see what they may have run when compared to sea or below.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/Hypertech programmer/VMax Isolater/Mace Ported IM & Plenum Spacer
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm
67 GTO wrote:I have no problem with an unofficial list. The V8 guys have had one going for some time in it's own thread. It's good for the folks who live in a higher elevation to see what they may have run when compared to sea or below.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=131

Post number 4.

Been looking at those numbers since November when Scrming and I discussed the subject back then.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 pm
usa1camaro1969 wrote:

Hmm. You think it'd work? I guess we could use the sharkfin as a main mast.

BUSTED. Now the secret is out about the shark fin main mast.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 pm
rtcat600man wrote:
67 GTO wrote:I have no problem with an unofficial list. The V8 guys have had one going for some time in it's own thread. It's good for the folks who live in a higher elevation to see what they may have run when compared to sea or below.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=131

Post number 4.

Been looking at those numbers since November when Scrming and I discussed the subject back then.

I saw that and understand it, some may not. I ran against a fellow who came from a track (Maple Grove) with a higher elavation and DA higher than he sees at Atco the day we ran. He did worse than he runs at his home track. Ya just don't know.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/Hypertech programmer/VMax Isolater/Mace Ported IM & Plenum Spacer
Gearhead
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 am
67 GTO wrote:
rtcat600man wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=131

Post number 4.

I saw that and understand it, some may not. I ran against a fellow who came from a track (Maple Grove) with a higher elavation and DA higher than he sees at Atco the day we ran. He did worse than he runs at his home track. Ya just don't know.

Believe me, I understand the purpose behind it. I lived in Denver and our local track was Bandimere and nobody was expecting to break national records up there, but back in the day we saw locals making it in the pro stock field because they had the altitude worked out. Seeing the better numbers of the guys with better conditions will make me work harder to figure it out and I want to make it so the car isn't what'll cost me the run. It's my slow ass reaction time or hitting the rev-limiter.
America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Tuned by Vince@Trifecta
Running 13s
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:44 pm
I finally made it to the track today...was a test and tune day...was the first time in a long time i have been to a track...had a good time made 13 passes...i found out in those 13 runs that i suck at launching this car :lol: ... my best time was 14.953 @95.27 mph ...my biggest problem was getting hooked up...i was doing good burnouts to heat the tires up...i tried traction control on and leave easy so not spin the tires but then the car would bog down...i tried to leave hard with traction control on and would wheel hop...so i tried a few passes with traction control off...all i did was spin in 1st and second...a few things i forgot was i was going through the water :facepalm: ...and i forgot my tire pressure gauge and my tire pump so i coulnd lower the tire pressure...im going to go again next weekend if the weather is good and lower my tire pressure and stay out of the water :facepalm: ...
RX PERFORMANCE SUPERCHARGED/ARK DTS CATBACK/EIBACH LOWERING SPRINGS AND SWAY BARS/VMAX TB/WIDENED RS REAR WHEELS TO 10.5 WITH PIRELLI 305/35/20 TIRES/BBK LT HEADERS AND HIGH FLOW CATS/BLACK ICE-OLATER/RX PORTED IM
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm
Sounds like you had a GREAT time. Yes, tire pressure is very important as you found out. Along with staying out of the water. At Lapeer you can drive around the water box. Good luck with your future runs. Be sure to post a copy of the time slip in the drag racing section. Make it into the top ten list.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:24 pm
Well I see you did post up one the other thread. Just need to work on that launch. I am sure most of the problem was tire pressure. Not the size of your tires. What kind of tire pressure were you running in the rears?
PreviousNext

Return to Drag Racing