Lapeer Dragway with the Detroit Gen 5 Camaro members

1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, track times

Moderator: rtcat600man

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 pm
I was at the track today with 5 other members from the Detroit Gen 5 club members. 3 have never raced before. One hasn't done it in 35 years. The last one is getting married in 3 weeks.

We had a blast.

We even had a guest show up. SCRMING came with his BRICK (Ford Flex)

About an hour into racing someone decided to take a right turn about 300 feet down the track and take out the guardrail. That put us delay for over an hour.

Enjoy.
Attachments
c where's SAM.jpg
cc gen 5's rule.jpg
ccc gen 5 lining up.jpg
d where is sam.jpg
dan 2.jpg
dan here comes steve.jpg
dennis.jpg
gen 5's.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg
john and his brick (honorary Camaro owner) use to have a GEN 5 V6.jpg
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm
more photos
Attachments
ouch.jpg
ouch up close.jpg
ouch up on the flat bed.jpg
rtcat600man 2.jpg
rtcat600man 3.jpg
rtcat600man.jpg
sam 3.jpg
steve 2.jpg
wes 2.jpg
wes 4.jpg
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:40 am
Very nice! What times were the SSes putting down. Sounds like your DAs could have been much better.
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall, GPI Fuel Enrichment System
586 RWHP & 606 RWTQ on 93 Octane @20 psi
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:35 am
The best run for the day of the six Camaro's was a manual SS running 12.51 @ 115+.

She did a GREAT job driving. Her mods include: BBK Long tube headers, high flow cats, Flowmaster exhaust, Vararam airbox, Tune from Lidio at Alternative Auto

DA for the day ranged from 1600 to 2100. Far cry from our negative numbers in November.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:49 pm
Nice pics Mike .. but where are your time slips ? Did the TB make any difference faster - slower??
TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:22 pm
Thank - you Marvin.

No time slips to post. I have them but they are not worth posting. I had traction problems. I am telling myself I had traction problems even with the nannies on, because I am creating more low end HP and torque now. Since the last time I have run I have added the Trifecta Cam Phase tune, which was a tested 13 hp with a much improved torque down low. I also have the TB now too. Which also showed low end gains. So I am slipping more and the system is shutting me down slightly. I am now over powering the stock 245's. I can turn the traction control off and light the tires up very easy now. This was not the case last year. That is my excuse at least.

Hear is my data that supports this too.

These are my 4 best 60 foot times averaged, from each time I have been to the track.

60 foot times.JPG
60 foot times.JPG (13.48 KiB) Viewed 1945 times

Good news is my drag radials arrived today. This should help me with some of the traction problem.

Bad news I am disappointed in the tires. I bought a used set from a guy off of the other forum. I let my excitement get in the way of my gut instinct. We had a few issues in the deal. Was worked out. However, the tires arrived, both have been patched. I never asked so he never told me. Shame on both of us. Also he told me they had 80 - 85 tread life left. Looks more like 40 - 60% based on my calculations and measurements.
Running 11s
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:08 pm
who are they made by ? Its hard to buy "Used Drag Radials " never really tell how many runs on them . Sorry to hear that and hope you didn't pay to much for them .

Sure wish you could set up more than 1 car on these tunes people are buying ... Just cost so much .
TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:54 pm
Nitto 555R's 305/35/20's

It is not the amount of passes that was the issue. I was told how much tread was left and this was not right. I should have insisted on better pictures. Oh well.

For what I plan to do with them these should be fine. But again that is not the point. Yes I feel I got a fair deal but wish I knew what I know now.

Good news I saved on the wheels to mount the drag radials on. (FREEBIE). Thanks to a good friend.

Return to Drag Racing