OFFICIAL V6 1/8 mile GEN. 5 Camaro Fast List

1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, track times

Moderator: rtcat600man

Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:04 am
mmabry wrote:Well im back from the track and i had a blast... but i have bad news lol i forgot to take my laptop so i couldnt change out the tune back to stock. Sorry i will try to remember the next time i go.

First off i had a few problems but this was the first time ive ever been to the track. One was i could not seem to hook up very well no matter what rpms i launched from. I am assuming this has ALOT to do with my tires. I cant seem to find and times on the drag racing topic for stock so i cant com pair but my best time was 9.59 ( this was also my first run) After the first run i tryed another run with TC off and i launched and did nothing but spin the tires the whole way down the track lol that run i got like 12.4 but i dont know for sure cause i was too embarresed to go pick up the slip on that one. After that i was getting 9.61,9.67, 9.63. All i have done is an airaid CIA so im assuming the tune didnt do much for me. Hopefully when i get my exhaust done i will notice a bigger difference

Also does anyone have stock times for a stock manual camy?

Hello, I have moved your post over to here since you had many comments to discuss about running at the track, seemed more appropriate to be located in this thread.

That sure does suck that you forgot the laptop. Thanks for the reminder, I need to remember mine next week when I go so I can do some data logging.

Since this was your first time to the track, here are a few things I was told to try and do to help:

Lower your tire PSI in the rears to as low as 30 lbs. (I am going to try even lower next time out).

Increase the front tire PSI to 40 to help reduce rolling resistance friction.

Between runs open the hood to allow better engine cooling.

Remove your engine cover, they look cool but retain heat.

Launch with all traction control devices on, reduces the wheel spin.

If you are an automatic, while staged at the light, (best a few of us have found to date) put left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas pedal, and bring your RPM's up to 1000, when the bottom yellow light turns on, remove left foot and smash right foot to the floor, at the same time. (this is called flashing the torque converter).

As for finding the times for a stock Camaro in the 1/8 mile, there aren't any reported yet.

Also, since you have a Airraid CAI, you are no longer considered stock so this would get listed in the modified section.

Most exhaust systems offer some HP gains, however, the cat backs offer more but do not expect much more than 5 - 10 hp at best. while a axle back system might offer 3 -5 hp at best.

If you would like for me to post you best time on the list submit a photo of your time slip, be sure it shows the track name, time and date. Look at how others have listed their info. Please do a copy and paste of this said list and modify for your info.

and lastly, PLEASE DO NOT call the CAMARO a camy....... :thumbsdown:

Thanks for giving us your report, hopefully you had fun and are now thinking about going back.

Enjoy your fun at the track.

Thank - you,

catman
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:05 am
I found my write-up from a while ago on things to do when goingto the track, hope this helps too.

My first time ever going down the track in a car was last November when I met up with SCRMNG at our local track. I have been down a few tracks before but those were on frozen surfaces while on board my snowmobile. John helped educate me quickly. I was a track junkie within minutes. I went back two weeks later and peeled off my 13.783 @103.40 MPH. So here is some education that I learned from others.

You will need a helmet and our track requires closed shoes and long pants. Check with your local track for rules.

1. Over inflate your front tires to around 42 - 45 lbs. This will reduce the rolling resistance on the fronts.

2. Set the rear tire pressure to around 30 lbs. This will help with traction.

3. be sure to run 93 octanes. Preferably for the week leading up to the track time. I arrived on my second track time with a 1/4 tank of gas. Remember every 100 lb reduction is 0.1 of a second faster. Every 10 Hp increase is worth a 0.1 of a second too.

4. Turn off all traction devices and do a burnout while holding your foot on the brake. (automatics) Try and get both tires spinning and heat the stock Pirellis up.

5. Stage your Camaro with all traction control devices back on. Wheel spin is an ET killer.

6. Hold the RPM's just off idle with your right foot and with your left foot hold the brake.

7. When you see the last yellow of the xmas tree light up let off the brake and put the hammer down.

Don't worry about your reaction time at first. This only comes into play in head to head running not during test and tune time.

Go straight and let off the gas after you go thru the traps at the end. Keep in mind there is a 2nd set of lights for trap speed just passed the finish line so make sure your past this point before lifting.

Slow down and know the local track rules on departing the track.

And by all means have fun. And enjoy the legal drag racing.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:05 pm
I was so impressed with my car last night. I live in texas so it was about 90 degrees when i got to the track and when we left it was only about 83 but im really wanting to go back when it gets down in the 50s or even 40s to she what it can do. My cousin has a 2011 5.0 gt and he was only running like 9.1. My tires were 32 psi all around but I will for sure change the pressure next time. Thanks for all the advice i hope someone with a manual transmission posts in here their advice on launching and what rpms they launch from.

Also do you guys (or gals) redline it? Cause i was going to about 6300 then shifting

Redline race way:

Reaction: .4847
60ft: 2.3746
330ft: 6.3684
1/8: 9.5937
1/8 mph: 74.76
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:26 pm
Here is an update for Gretchen. Improving, but much left on the table because had to shift at 5500 RPM. She was going lean because of a Meth/H2O failure.

Tires used on the pass:
Performance Mods (if any): Twin Turbos, Ported Intake Manifold, Intake Manifold, LSD w/3.55 gears, 3400 TC, DRs, Trailing Arms, Diff. Bushings, Shorty Headers, No Cats, VMax Throttle Body.
Transmission: A6
Category submitted for: Power Adders
R/T.......... -0.119 (redlighted)
60'............. 1.996
330'........... 5.612
660'........... 8.527
660’ mph... 84.43
Name of the track: Bradenton, FL
Date of pass: 1/12/2012 at 7:58 PM
Weather conditions (include Density Altitude, if known - DA can be calculated by going to http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...lculator.php):

DA: 880 -- 13.078 @ 107.82
(center of the three)

Catman, check my DA calculation and make sure I did it right this time.
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall, GPI Fuel Enrichment System
586 RWHP & 606 RWTQ on 93 Octane @20 psi
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 am
Nice run considering all that was going on, imagine what will happen when you can use the rest of the top end RPM's. I checked the DA. I get 862. The 3 times of 6:53 pm, 7:53 pm and 8:53 pm are all really close. Talk about consistency. Anyway I used the 7:53 since it was the closer one to your time slip of 7:58 This puts you at a 13.079 @ 107.808.

Can't wait to hear the details when this is back on the track and running stronger.
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 pm
Here's the time slip. All the car details are the same as the run on 1/12 (still 6 psi). Sorry it doesn't show the time, but he texted me right after this run and that was at 7:05 pm ET on 1/19/2012.

EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall, GPI Fuel Enrichment System
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:11 pm
Thank - you. updating next. That is an AWESOME R/T. The 60' still can be improved. Time for slicks......LOL

GREAT JOB.
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:15 pm
rtcat600man wrote:Thank - you. updating next. That is an AWESOME R/T. The 60' still can be improved. Time for slicks......LOL

GREAT JOB.

Yeah, track prep was bad. Won every race, all against newer V8 Mustangs (including 2012) and V8 Camaros. Everyone was having traction issues without slicks. This weekend the slicks and skinnies are going on.
Running 12s
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:18 pm
We did the math and come up with 11.90's if we had traction at the launch & 1st gear. :thumbsup:
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm
Need to add one more thing to add one more thing to the mod list. The ported heads are back on.
PreviousNext

Return to Drag Racing