Launching M6

1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, track times

Moderator: rtcat600man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:13 pm
Ive been trying to improve my take-off. Playing with different RPMs, TC on/off, Sport mode etc. I just cant seem to find that sweet spot. Im either spinning to much or hitting a lag spot. Anyone and everyone with tips/opinions please post. Thanx all!

I maybe should have placed this under the Drag Racing Topics. Moderators, feel free to move this if you wish.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:02 am
MILKMAN wrote:Ive been trying to improve my take-off. Playing with different RPMs, TC on/off, Sport mode etc. I just cant seem to find that sweet spot. Im either spinning to much or hitting a lag spot. Anyone and everyone with tips/opinions please post. Thanx all!

I maybe should have placed this under the Drag Racing Topics. Moderators, feel free to move this if you wish.

Done. Wish I could help but I have the A6. Good Luck.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Gearhead
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:29 am
MILKMAN wrote:Ive been trying to improve my take-off. Playing with different RPMs, TC on/off, Sport mode etc. I just cant seem to find that sweet spot. Im either spinning to much or hitting a lag spot. Anyone and everyone with tips/opinions please post. Thanx all!

Launching at 3K RPM's with the nannies off seems to work AT TIMES for me!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am
Can't_C_Me wrote:

Launching at 3K RPM's with the nannies off seems to work AT TIMES for me!

With the nannies off, I'm assuming that your NOT dumping the clutch?
Running 11s
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 am
Tell you what - you buy me an extra set of tires and I will spend an entire day experimenting for you and I'll absolutely share my results with you... how 'bout it? (insert "batting eyelashes" emoticon here). My limited experience has been by accident, and I was in somewhat of a hurry, and was quite surprised by the scratch and catch! :drive:
Tori
2010 IBM 2LT RS 6M
"Raised by Wolves"

Return to Drag Racing