Braille Battery

Alarms, Electrical Diagrams, HUD Displays, Hard-Wiring, Radar Detectors, LEDs

Moderator: SDCamaro10

Gearhead
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:01 pm
I was looking into changing batteries since my stock one turned 4 years old last week. Not sure how long they are supposed to last but never bad to change.

Saw these over on 5 http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php ... es/b2015/# but they had the 15lb one installed whats the main difference between the 17, 18.5, and 21lb batteries?

I have no experience with batteries and have no outside electronics or stereo equipment in my car (just stock rs gauges and stock Boston stereo) so I don't have a ton of electronics needing juice.

And my car is my DD though sometimes it will sit for a few days or up to a month if I'm TDY or something, so it'd be nice if it starts when needed despite not running everyday.

Thanks
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 am
You should be fine with a standard OE replacement from any parts store if you are not looking for additional power for electronics and such. If you are not racing it and looking to drop every lb you can then a standard replacement is fine.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:28 pm
Most of those small lightweight batteries do not hold a charge that long. I would bet if it sat for a month, the battery would be dead, and ruined.

Most of my family uses "Davis Unified Ignition Dyna-Batt Batteries." They also die fairly quick. Within two-three weeks. Most of these small batteries are ruined if they are drained a few times, and sometimes just once.
Daily Driver, 13', LFX, MYB, 1LT, Summit White (GAZ) Camaro, 14.3872@94.99mph
Weekend Racer, 99', LD9/LG0/W41, 4T40E, Aquamarine Z24

Return to Wiring & Electronics