Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently TSB

Alarms, Electrical Diagrams, HUD Displays, Hard-Wiring, Radar Detectors, LEDs

Moderator: SDCamaro10

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 am
TECHNICAL

Bulletin No.: 09-08-49-011

Date: June 15, 2009

Subject: Instrument Panel Cluster Needle(s) Stick Intermittently (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster)

Models:
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Condition

Some customers may comment that one of the instrument cluster needles becomes stuck at a specific value. This may be an intermittent condition based on the interior temperature of the vehicle. Clusters that are vulnerable to this condition will have the pointer stick at elevated interior temperatures or when the cluster has been operating for a period of time.

Cause

This condition may be caused by cluster needles that were installed too deep on the gage.

Correction

Replace the instrument panel cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI. Reprogram the instrument panel cluster using the Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) and Service Programming System (SPS) with the latest TIS2WEB calibrations after replacement. Refer to Instrument Cluster Reprogramming in SI.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am
I hope this one was taken care of at the factory. This is an old bulletien and I have not heard this being an issue of late. Thanks for posting it up.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:58 pm
yea an older bulletin but just in case some first year cars have issues down the road I thought it would be worth posting.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:57 pm
good point.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Return to Wiring & Electronics