Air/Fuel gauge

Alarms, Electrical Diagrams, HUD Displays, Hard-Wiring, Radar Detectors, LEDs

Moderator: SDCamaro10

Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:26 pm
Anybody installed a Air/fuel gauge? What are the choices? on what exhaust side to measure from? and last location inside? Just looking to buy one to see where my engine A/F starts out with. Thanks
2011 2LT RS Inferno Orange, IPF super charger, CNC throttle body (RX) ported IM, black3/8" isolator, doug thorley shorty headers, flow master mufflers, CTS front calipers, cross drilled an slotted rotors, footwell lights, fender hash marks.
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm
If you are going to buy one, get a wideband a/f gauge. A narrowband one will end up just being a light show in the car, wideband will actually tell you your a/f ratio.
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Just having fun
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:03 pm
yes I read all aboutthose gauges, but where to sample from left right? locate the gauge inside. Too bad they cannot tie into the HUD
2011 2LT RS Inferno Orange, IPF super charger, CNC throttle body (RX) ported IM, black3/8" isolator, doug thorley shorty headers, flow master mufflers, CTS front calipers, cross drilled an slotted rotors, footwell lights, fender hash marks.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:39 pm
I am very happy with Glowshift wideband, I mounted it on the driver side headder collector next to the ECU one. Travis is right about the narow band totaly useless and collecting dust.
I A pillar Pod mounted my gauges and 10 different color LED's with Glowshift , looks sweeeeet.
Dale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:45 pm
What's the purpose of knowing your a/f ratio? I'm new to performance and mods. Just picked up a 2011 LS m6
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:40 pm
It is important to keep the right balance of a/f ratio for optimal performance. To much air (lean) and you run the risk of melting the piston top, (burning a hole), happens in two stroke snowmobiles often when to lean. To much fuel (rich), poor performance, waste of fuel, poor mileage. So with a gage you can keep an eye on that ratio to see if the tune is doing its job.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Return to Wiring & Electronics