Rattling in Cabin

Headunits, Speakers, Amps, TV/Screens, Subwoofers

Moderator: SDCamaro10

Gearhead
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm
So I have a pretty good sound system in my car, and some days I like to listen to it loud. But when the sub gets going I hear a few rattles. Sounds like they are coming from the rear view mirror, and the dome light/ sun roof controls. Any help on how to fix this? Or do I need to buy a new car? ;)
When you turn your Camaro on, does it return the favor? Mine does
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am
Sorry if I chuckle a bit on this one, but I can't help to think of all the times someone drives by with a high powered subwoofer in the rear compartment of their car and I can distinctly hear the license plate rattle against the deck lid sheet metal! It seems to overpower the stereo output and in my book, it's as enjoyable as out-of-control exhaust rasp.

On a note that more or less relates to your issue, I have heard of a concern or two involving headliner rattles that I imagine would be more evident under the vibrations generated by a subwoofer (perhaps a wiring harness above the headliner?). These are sometimes hard to find and isolate as it involves digging into panels and trim. If you are not careful when removing and reinstalling components to root cause the issue, the situation may get worse. I'm not sure if it is feasible but you may want to start by trying to disassemble parts of the overhead console. The problem may also lie in the movable and spring-loaded subcomponents of the assembly.
2LT/RS/M6/ABM with blk stripes/GM splash guards/CAI intake/Magnaflow cat-back/Elite tunnel brace/Hurst shifter/RX Catch Can

Gearhead
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 am
Well I like my music loud, not the bass but you can't not have bass to go with the loud music. I don't know what I am going to do. Don't want to break anything and I sure as hell don't want to make it worse. I just wanted to see if someone had this similar problem
When you turn your Camaro on, does it return the favor? Mine does

Return to Car Audio & Video