URGENT! Bowtiev6.com isn't going anywhere!

News about the Bowtie V6 forums
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:37 pm
Thanks to Will at Overkill Motorsports, he has graciously donated to help keep the forums alive and kicking for years to come. Please take time to thank Overkill Motorsports by posting here, inviting others here that you see at shows and on the street with v6 cars and when ready, buying a tune and products to support his company like he has so amazingly shown us the love. :hail: Our fellow canadian has stepped up big for the community! Check out his 3.6l site at http://www.getoverkilled.ca/gm36.html

We will be doing a revamp of the site, with a lot of new information and technical items for the v6 platform, including the newest v6 camaro's as we haven't got to updating that information yet.

Time to do a recruiting push and let's make the forums come alive again and keep this valuable v6 resource thriving! :drive:
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 am
Hello Travis, So glad to hear that Will and Tracy were able to reach you in time to help keep the site up and running. I will send them a note too.

Have a safe and Happy New Year.

Mike
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:11 am
Thanks Mike, Happy New Year to you and your family as well!
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:18 pm
"Oh the Humanity", I just checked to see if the site was gone and I see this. I was just about to take it off my favorites if I hadn't seen this. And I don't even own a Camaro but I used to as one of the originals that came over from C5. :rolrun: :rolrun: :rolrun: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :woot: :woot: :woot:
TEAM LLT
Running 12s
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm
OK all!! And huge thanks to a HUGE guy!!! Will!

Now, we really need to make an effort here to recruit more members. This is an ALL GM V6 site and that makes it unique. No haters from the V8 crowd, and real info on products, issues, fixes, and how to care fro these engines. Facebook.....any members spread the word. Friends, (be careful of other forums...they do not like promoting this one elsewhere) and in any communication, lets build Travis a site with more traffic than moderncamaro, etc.

We will cover all aspects and details on all of the Overkill supercharger systems as well as all other performance mods for these cars. What we have found as the cause of many failures, how to avoid these, and the progression of the GM V6 from the LY7 through the current LGX (and the other platform variations of each.

You will find me more active here as well. Start with a few pictures, and then will put each in the correct threads/sections. First, we have a new LGX in here (well it has a few miles on it, but basically new) that were installing our latest top mount on. A 2300 TVS blower. We have to machine a new lower plenum to fit the new port angle and design of the LGX as well as a new crank pulley to index in the different designed OEM one. Front mount we will mock up on this car as well for the Gen6 crowd.

One thing GM did to combat the intake valve coking issue is to DELETE the intake manifold vacuum and move the foul/dirty side to the center rear of the crankcase and from there it is just vented into the main air intake. The goal is to reduce the amount of oil ingested from the PCV vapors, but as we can see here, very little reduction in so little miles, but now the damaging combustion by-products and other contaminates that used to be evacuated (sucked out) using the IM vacuum now stays in the crankcase rapidly overwhelming the engine oils ability to protect properly. Look for timing chain stretch and wear to show earlier, and as warranty periods have dropped from 100k, to 60k, and now 36k miles on the GDI engines, a much shortened engine life is to be the norm it appears:

So, the new PCV design (if it could be called that as they eliminated much of the critical functions to keep an engine alive) still vents oil mist into the intake air charge from the line connecting to the driver side of the air bridge, it leaves most all of the other contaminates critical to evacuate IN the crankcase to accumulate there!!! Lo'ts more to share, but the Overkill 8 rib Vortech based systems are ready to ship or install now (were going free install on the first ones) for the LFX camaro, canyon-colorado truck, and soon the LGX and LLT.

The top mounts are app. 1 month from shipping, and they do NOT fit under the hood of the camaro or CTS, only the truck:

Remember, our first top mounts were the TVS 1320 unit. Good for 8-10#, but small. The 2300 has the ability to make all the power this engine can handle, and barely working it.

As most know, we parted ways with KPE/IPF after redesigning their system to address weaknesses it had after they decided they culd do it themselves once we released the first system. So not sure of they will have any to sell of that version, but these are far above those systems in so many ways. ALL Overkill systems use dedicated drive crank pulley's (all 6061 T6 billet), stand alone 8 rib belts and tensioners, and Gator Grip textured anti-slip pulleys and a ton more.

Much more to come all!! Ported TB's, Overkill 80mm units, the latest in catchcan designs, and much more and none could work as well w/out the Overkill tune...Will has the skills and knowledge on these V6's like no one I have ever worked with.

Email Will direct for price quotes and the first few to order now get a FREE installation ($1000 value).

Cheers!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:59 pm
Haven't visited this forum in a long time. Glad to see it's still up and running, and that it will be going through an overhaul.

One of the things that I always struggled with was usability on here. Doesn't seem as user friendly as some of the other forums.
Running 12s
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am
Hey all!! Have been swamped here, but had a chance last night to take the latest Overkill supercharged Gen5 to the track and was pretty decent night.

Horrible 60' so will work on tune to get better launch. A stall converter would bring this into the high 12's no problem.

First run I was paired with a Caddy XLS (the corvette caddy from a decade ago) and beat him by 7-8 car lengths. Next was a C5 Corvette Z06....figured he would win no problem but I had the light down and snapped off a .010 and beat him by 6-7 car lengths (a V6 camaro....) and last was a Nissan Altima 3.5 modded that the guy was bragging how fast it was. He was at half track when I went through the traps. A stall converter and this is in the high 12's, and this is the base Overkill system with 3.8" pulley at 7# boost.

For all, the Gen5 systems are shipping and installing now, and the Gen6 kits will be shipping in March. Awesome system!!
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 pm
Thanks for sharing.....those are decent times with bad 60's

Get the traction and you can get to the low 13's easy.

Add that convertor and traction and into the 12's you go.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am
it has been a long time since I posted and had difficulty remembering all of my log on info but finally got on.

I have a V6 question:
I am replacing my open diff with build code GM3, 3.45. I got a complete diff and suspension assy from Midway Mustang in Davenport Ia. So I have diff, axle and hubs.

I need a drive shaft and understand I need the rear half from a v8 but not sure auto or manual. I also understand that GM installed LSD in later model v6 automatics.

Which rear drive shaft do I need?

Thanks

Got an answer from buddy on Camaro5, he said use the back half of an auto v8
sk
2011 1LT early convertible, Victory Red, black bowties, engine cover, K&N, Elite catch can, Boston Acoustics sound, ZL1 front end, side skirts, rear diffuser and wheels, ECF Trucarbon heat extractor, alloy-tec emblems, NPP exhaust, Hurst shifter

Return to Site News & Announcements