Eibach Sway Bars 2010 Camaro V6 3.6L

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:42 pm
At the end of Nov. 2010 I installed my Eibach sway bars. The install can be made easier with a couple extra tips that I found along the way.

For the rear one, If you can remove the mufflers it will certainly make the install simple. Mine have been welded on and made that trick impossible. Do not use ramps. The install will be easier if the rear suspension is allowed to hang. This will give you the clearance to get the stock bar out and the new one in.

As for the front one, I recommend putting the front in the air and again letting the suspension hang. Remove the passenger tire. No real need to do what others have said and remove the lower engine mount nuts and raise the engine an inch. This was a V8 problem and they need the extra 1" clearance.

The key is to just work the bars around until you get them to work out of the tight spots and reverse the pretzel maneuvers to get them installed again.

Use locktite on the nuts.

Once I was done with the install I took my friend (thanks for the help Joe) and my son for a test ride. WOW, certainly made a difference. No more understeer, matter of fact I felt a slight hint of oversteer. Overall I would say a real close to neutral set-up. The handling was very tight and precise. Corning is quicker and spot on. Extremely satisfied with the results.

This is my daily driver and I was looking to give my ride a better than stock handling. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Here are a few pictures of the rear sway bar. Stock (before), Eibach (after), completed install package.
Attachments
IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6483.JPG
IMG_6484.JPG
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 13s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:22 pm
rtcat600man wrote: No more understeer, matter of fact I felt a slight hint of oversteer. Overall I would say a real close to neutral set-up. The handling was very tight and precise. Corning is quicker and spot on. Extremely satisfied with the results.

I'm not sure about Eibach but my Pfadt have three different stiffness settings on the rear sway bar (100%, 175%, 300%), I currently have mine set at 175% and it has a pretty good oversteer, however that's the point.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:47 pm
BaylorCamaro wrote:
rtcat600man wrote: No more understeer, matter of fact I felt a slight hint of oversteer. Overall I would say a real close to neutral set-up. The handling was very tight and precise. Corning is quicker and spot on. Extremely satisfied with the results.

I'm not sure about Eibach but my Pfadt have three different stiffness settings on the rear sway bar (100%, 175%, 300%), I currently have mine set at 175% and it has a pretty good oversteer, however that's the point.

Eibach has three settings too. Along with two setting for the front one. I put both front and rear on the softest setting to start with. I only had a 1 day test drive time before putting my Camaro into storage to avoid salt on the roads. I will make adjustments this summer as necessary. I will look into end links once I determine I need them.

The rear bar: Eibach claims the stock bar to be 242 lbs/in The 3 position settings for Eibach bar are 553 lbs/in, 658 lbs/in and 752 lbs/in

The front bar: Eibach claims the stock bar to be 120 lbs/in The 2 position settings for Eibach bar are 380 lbs/in and 435 lbs/in
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 13s
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:31 pm
@rtcat, as always great info. i went with the eibach frt. and rear also and the sport lowering springs. when i took mine for the test drive i jerked to wheel to the left harder than usual and if i wasn't belted in i would have been the passenger! what a difference :drive:
ohio-speed.com is your #1 place for high performance parts & show car accessories
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 pm
OHIO-SPEED wrote:@rtcat, as always great info. i went with the eibach frt. and rear also and the sport lowering springs. when i took mine for the test drive i jerked to wheel to the left harder than usual and if i wasn't belted in i would have been the passenger! what a difference :drive:

thank - you.....I don't want to be knon for olny posting smiles......on my short test drive after the install and moments before it went into storage, I was able to produce oversteer. First time ever. I can't wait to get my Camaro back out and drive it harder. I will be at a local road coarse for a Camaro show and we can drive the track during the lunch break. Testing time. :thumbsup:
Mini-Post Whore
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:08 pm
rtcat600man wrote:
OHIO-SPEED wrote:@rtcat, as always great info. i went with the eibach frt. and rear also and the sport lowering springs. when i took mine for the test drive i jerked to wheel to the left harder than usual and if i wasn't belted in i would have been the passenger! what a difference :drive:

thank - you.....I don't want to be knon for olny posting smiles......on my short test drive after the install and moments before it went into storage, I was able to produce oversteer. First time ever. I can't wait to get my Camaro back out and drive it harder. I will be at a local road coarse for a Camaro show and we can drive the track during the lunch break. Testing time. :thumbsup:

Nice. It would be cool to know what that feel like.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm
Demon Hunter wrote:
rtcat600man wrote:

Nice. It would be cool to know what that feel like.

I have mine on all the softest settings too. Three adjustments for the rear and two for the front. Figured start soft and work my way up if necessary. I am leaning towards it will be plenty good for my driving habits. Not looking to be a track racer. Just a good looking street car.
Running 13s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:45 am
has anyone purchased end links for their sway bars (eibach) i tried the spohn end links (adjustable) and had a problem with the front hitting the sway bar. sent them back. i went back to the stock links.
ohio-speed.com is your #1 place for high performance parts & show car accessories
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 am
OHIO-SPEED wrote:has anyone purchased end links for their sway bars (eibach) i tried the spohn end links (adjustable) and had a problem with the front hitting the sway bar. sent them back. i went back to the stock links.

I am staying with the stock ones until I have a reason to change them out. According to the experts you would need to push the Camaro pretty hard to get into a situation where they will bend. Since I won't be doing any auto crossing (at least I don't see me doing it) and I will only be on a race track for some lunch time fun at the local track, I should be good for now. However, if I should bend one, I will have the some new ones from one of the companies ordered within a day.
Running 13s
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:15 pm
OHIO-SPEED wrote:has anyone purchased end links for their sway bars (eibach) i tried the spohn end links (adjustable) and had a problem with the front hitting the sway bar. sent them back. i went back to the stock links.

According to ApexChase over on Camaro5, the stock endlinks are pretty weak and flex pretty good with the beefier sway bars. If you don't drive it very hard it shouldn't be a problem. But I'm a college kid, therefore I'm young and do stupid things. With that being said, I upgraded my end links when I upgraded the sways. There is NO comparison between stock end links and the after market ones. The stock end links look like a piece of crap compared to after market. I don't have eibach though (have pfadt) but I'm sure they're very similar.
Next

Return to Suspension