HELP

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm
I just put a set of Hotchkis 19110 1" drop springs on and new front end links. Took it to get an alignment the car felt good no unusual sounds. Then I wanted to test things out. Went over a few speed bump, not fast. Then I heard it. Clunking from the frontend. Popped the hood and noticed the strut tower cap sitting about a half inch high. Has this happen to anyone here?
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 pm
welcome to bowtieV6.com

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Who did the install? If you then something must be off somewhere. If a shop I would take it back and ask them to look it over.

I have never heard of this happening.

when you say shock tower cap, are you referring to the after market caps that cover the factory bolts. If so, these are pressed on tight and maybe the air pressure popped it off. We have a member in our club who can make these for us, and he machines a small slot on the inside for the air to escape.

hope this helps somewhat, post back up and we can discuss further too.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:22 pm
Well I found the problem. One of the end link nuts came loose. Tightened it up the noise went away. The car rides great now. I was told that a little gap to was be expected . All is good and what an improvement. Thanks for your reply.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:46 pm
glad to hear all worked out for you.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

Return to Suspension