Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 pm
Still a fair amount of body roll
Attachments
894080_732491643947_980661242_o.jpg
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 am
Looks like a cool place to play
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:48 pm
So how do you like the subframe inserts? What was the install like? Can I do it in my garage with basic tools?
Gearhead
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 pm
jjjaroscak wrote:So how do you like the subframe inserts? What was the install like? Can I do it in my garage with basic tools?

subframe inserts are easy to install in your garage with basic tools. I found using an air impact gun with the pointed bit makes getting the metal hats off the stock bushing easier, but others swear by the 2 hammer method.
Gordy

Injen CAI / VMax TB / SOLO Hi-flow res-cats & Mach X-LLT / Pedders Street I / SS Struts / Pfadt drop springs / Spohn Toe Rods & Trailing Arms

Black bow ties & trunk panel / Fogs / Footwell lighting front & rear / 35% Tint
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 am
Definitely no air gun, and currently only own 1 hammer. But this is doable just on jack stands?
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 pm
Yes, You can do this while on jack stands. One hammer and a crowbar will help to pop those caps off. The one problem spot I had was after doing the front inserts, the instructions say reinstall the front and just loosly fasten the nut. NP there. Then drop the rear off the craddle and install the inserts. NP there either. However, this is where it got interesting, now that the rear is off the alignement posts, it was not an easy job to jack it back up into place. The rear craddle had shifted rearward maybe 1/2" I ended up having my son on the jack and his buddy on a crowbar, while oI was on the other side with a crow bar. On 3 we pryed the craddle forward while my son jacked it back into place.

If doing it again, I would try dropping one rear corner at a time to keep it hopefully lined up better.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Previous

Return to Suspension