BMR Trailing arms installed

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc

Just having fun
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:34 pm
I finnaly installed my BMR trailing arms today. But I did not have a 40MM deep well socket to remove the spindle stock rubber bushings. So I just installed the BMR Trailings arms with the poly bushing installed already in them from the frame end.Pretty strait forward. Then I headed out for a test run. I didn't notice any thing different as I was hitting my twisty roads up here in the GA,MTNS. But I do notice a definite crispness when taking off from a dead stop and hitting it thru the first two gears with my manual 6SP. I also do not notice any more road noise that poly bushings transfer into the cabin. Im very happy with the results. I will install the spindle poly bushings when I get the BMR heavy duty toe rods. Probably another month or so. I want the under frame BMR brace connecter's first to complement my BMR tunnel brace I have on now. Im pretty impressed with just about every syspension upgrade I have made so far on this awsome RS Camaro. Im having fun sticking to the miatas and fast and furious cars on the tight twisty roads up here. Maybe next month Ill take the RS to the Dragon. Im going tommoro, but taking the FZ1,LOL. :drive:
2012 yellow and black Convertable SS Camaro,2SS,RS, 6PD manual ,got my killer bee , now the mods start all over again.
2013 Yamaha STRYKER
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S,"113" cu. inches,F/S
Just having fun
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:29 am
Last car I had at the Dragon was my 08 Saturn XR-3 and I'll tell ya that was the most fun I've ever had driving at the posted speed limit (or slightly higher). I'd like to put some Eibach Sways on mine and maybe the Eibach Spings. That would be fun on a road like the dragon. Just wish the Camaro was about 500 lbs less than it is. Would be much more entertaining with the weight reduction.
Early 2010 2LT/RS 6M, Hurst Shifter kit, Full Magnaflow exhaust, KN Typhoon Intake, Black Ice Isolator and low miles

Just having fun
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:11 am
ang1sgt wrote:Last car I had at the Dragon was my 08 Saturn XR-3 and I'll tell ya that was the most fun I've ever had driving at the posted speed limit (or slightly higher). I'd like to put some Eibach Sways on mine and maybe the Eibach Spings. That would be fun on a road like the dragon. Just wish the Camaro was about 500 lbs less than it is. Would be much more entertaining with the weight reduction.

Actually where I live the roads are much better and more challenging where the Camaro's extra heft is almost not felt. The Dragon is over rated ,but I like getting my picture taken by the three major companys that do it for a liveing, like Kill Boy. If I go the eastern side up to the Dragon its about 134 miles of mostly turnes. Then I come home on RT129 which is not as turney because I get tired and need a break,lOL. Where I live we got nice banked turnes, switch backs and short and longer turnes.I want to take the Camaro to the dragon soon just to get some nice photo's of it in the turnes and maybe get a large pic of me . I haven't taken my newely painted Kenny Roberts FZ1 there yet for some photo's. When I get home from work I usually take a 85-87 mile cruise in my area and maybe hit only 4 straits about 1/8-1/4 mile long when the weather breaks,LOL. I remember last month I was following a smart car down blood mtn in my work van. I actually backed away from him because it was comical watching this little car hit the turnes going down hill. It looked like it was going to tip over,LOL. Oh yea, up here, the 500-600Hp cars have no atvantage going down the mtn roads. The Hp is just to over welming. Its more about handeling than power , maybe a slight atvantage going up the mtn's? Any way. be safe out there. :wave:
2012 yellow and black Convertable SS Camaro,2SS,RS, 6PD manual ,got my killer bee , now the mods start all over again.
2013 Yamaha STRYKER
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S,"113" cu. inches,F/S

Return to Suspension