2012 Camaro

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 pm
I just got my Camaro a little over a week ago, and at this am to nervous to go modifying it right now. But i do have plans on making changes 2 of them being lowering springs and sway bars. My main question is the suspension on the 2010-2011 V6s the same as the 2012s? And is there anything else besides alignment and springs that needs to be done when lowering the cars.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Contact a repeatable company like Pedders and see what they have to say about the differences between the 2 model years. Anytime you change springs you should plan to do an alignment.

Oh and WELCOME to bowtieV6. Hopefully you can get the answers you want for any questions you should happen to post.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:13 am
Thanks for the quick input.....i knew about the alignment but i have seen some recommend trailing arms, toe rods, and lower control arms.....now that may just be a SS thing but that is what i was checking on. But i will definitly check with a couple different vendors. And thanks for the welcome.
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:40 am
2012_1LT/RS wrote:Thanks for the quick input.....i knew about the alignment but i have seen some recommend trailing arms, toe rods, and lower control arms.....now that may just be a SS thing but that is what i was checking on. But i will definitly check with a couple different vendors. And thanks for the welcome.

Your Welcome.

In my opinion, those other items you mention are a benefit for the V8 guys or the V6 folks running FI. Unless you are experiencing wheel hop you may not need to spend money on those items, unless you want to say you did so. Lowering and sway bars is all 90% of the people need to do. IF you plan to run auto cross or even road racing, then there is a whole host of things you could or should do.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm
I haven't heard of any differences between 2012s and 2010/11 suspensions. If you find out there is please let us know so we can make note of it for future 2012 users to look into. :) Thanks!
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****

Return to Suspension