Different brands

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc
Just having fun
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:02 pm
Hi folks,

Wow, haven't posted here in a long time, it's been a crazy year all round. Hopefully 2012 will be better :)
I'm thinking of doing springs + swaybars (or maybe one of the two) once the snow goes away, but there is such a difference in price between the various brands, I'm wondering if anybody has had the chance to drive cars with a similar setup but different brands (Eibach, Pfadt, Pedders, BMR.. to name just a few) and could tell us about the differences they felt.

As far as I can see, everyone is happy, no matter what they bought, so a comparison might be more helpful.

Just to clarify, I'm more interested in street performance setups, not full-on race, "I'll break my back if I go on a road-trip" setups.

Thanks guys!
SS Brembo Brakes - Vararam Intake - RX Catch Can - AAC Interior and Footwell Lighting - Cupholder Lighting - Drake Pedal Covers - Embroidered Headrests
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm
Welcome Back. Here are my thoughts on the suspension question.

For the price, you won't be able to beat the Eibach set-up. Springs and sway bars. My total cost shipped for the two of them was $440. Since I don't plan to really ever autocross mine or heavy track it, I am perfectly good with this street set-up. It handles FANTASTIC. I see many people who go way over board and buy thousands of dollars worth of suspension stuff, but never plan to take it to the limit for what it was made for and can be pushed to.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Just having fun
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:25 pm
Thanks RTCAT :thumbsup:

I keep reading positive reviews like yours. I am definitely no pro driver, but I'm getting better and do 8-10 events a year.
I can't afford to spend thousands, but most basic sways+ springs packages are within reach. The price range varies quite a bit though, I'm just wondering if it's really a case of "you get what you pay for", or if there is a whole lot of marketing involved...

Still hoping somebody with experience on different systems can chime in!
SS Brembo Brakes - Vararam Intake - RX Catch Can - AAC Interior and Footwell Lighting - Cupholder Lighting - Drake Pedal Covers - Embroidered Headrests

Return to Suspension