A Great Day at the Alignment Shop !

Springs, Sway Bars, Shocks, Brakes, Etc
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:56 am
I finally got my alignment taken care of. :D

After getting all the heads on, the bushings were retimed. The car immediately showed about -0.1 deg change in camber all the way around, indicating it dropped a bit more.

The front camber is now set to -0.9 deg on both sides.
The rears are at -0.8 deg on both sides.
Toe is at -0.05 deg all the way around.
Caster (of course) is not adjustable from the factory, but is within specs.

We couldn't get a printout since the power went out right when we were finishing up. :facepalm:
Attachments
IMG_0328.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg
2011 IOM 1LT M6
BBK CAI
Solo Mach X-LLT Catback
VMax CNC Throttle Body
VMax Intake Black Ice isolator
Eibach Pro Springs/Sway Bars
Stock SS Midnight Silver 20s w/PZeros
G2 caliper paint
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 am
Glad to hear it was all within specs. Looks BAD A$$ now too. ........ :thumbsup:
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:32 am
good to hear you got it where it needs to be :)
Hi my name is Travis and I have an addiction, an addiction to anything and everything dealing with v6 camaros. :wave:

****T.O.P. SNIPER****
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:40 pm
Thanks. The handling is very balanced now. Need to get sways soon.
2011 IOM 1LT M6
BBK CAI
Solo Mach X-LLT Catback
VMax CNC Throttle Body
G2 caliper paint
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 am
TankMorph wrote:Thanks. The handling is very balanced now. Need to get sways soon.

Those you can change out yourself. These will make a HUGE handling difference. I love mine, like she is on rails.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 am
rtcat600man wrote:
TankMorph wrote:Thanks. The handling is very balanced now. Need to get sways soon.

Those you can change out yourself. These will make a HUGE handling difference. I love mine, like she is on rails.

I actually changed out the springs myself, and took a good look at the sways while I was under there. Looks pretty straight forward.

I only had the car in the shop for the bushing retiming and alignment. I don't have an alignment rack in my house (yet). :lol:
2011 IOM 1LT M6
BBK CAI
Solo Mach X-LLT Catback
VMax CNC Throttle Body
G2 caliper paint
Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:06 pm
just left the shop getting mine done i thought about going back to my v6 setup but after i got it aligned today it feel alot better here are the specs http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy18 ... AN0238.jpg
GLowshift gauges, Ultra gauge, Rx catch can- breather, H&R springs, Vertical Doors, Footwell lighting, Tsw Malloy 5, Blackout kit, Tint, Hurst shifter and pistol grip, Flow masters series 10 mufflers, coming soon HPS front mount turbo, Hex vents
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:21 pm
hunterv6 wrote:just left the shop getting mine done i thought about going back to my v6 setup but after i got it aligned today it feel alot better here are the specs http://s790.photobucket.com/albums/yy18 ... AN0238.jpg

Wow. That's a lot of negative camber on the front. I'm sure it handles great, but those tires are going to get some serious wear on the inside edge.

As long as you're happy.

How do you like your headers and tune? Those two things are on my to do list, along with sway bars.
2011 IOM 1LT M6
BBK CAI
Solo Mach X-LLT Catback
VMax CNC Throttle Body
G2 caliper paint
Gearhead
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:42 pm
Best two mods I done so far I know my neighors hate when I leave for work at 11 pm. But then again when I get home at 6 am I am there alarm clock. My next mod is also sway bars, hopefully this month then I will take it to the dealer to align it right but the four letter word let a friend give it alignment to test the new set up. Best he could do but its better than it was after the install.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
GLowshift gauges, Ultra gauge, Rx catch can- breather, H&R springs, Vertical Doors, Footwell lighting, Tsw Malloy 5, Blackout kit, Tint, Hurst shifter and pistol grip, Flow masters series 10 mufflers, coming soon HPS front mount turbo, Hex vents
Laying rubber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:57 pm
:werd:

The shop I went to didn't even have specs for anything newer than the old 4th gen Camaro in the computer. We manually entered a mix of factory and Pfadt recommended settings. I'm happy.
2011 IOM 1LT M6
BBK CAI
Solo Mach X-LLT Catback
VMax CNC Throttle Body
G2 caliper paint
Previous

Return to Suspension