TWIN TURBO LLT CAMARO

Superchargers, Turbochargers, Intercoolers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:13 am
I own a 2010 Limited Edition Camaro LLT which my shop turbocharged 3 years ago. I have 33,000 miles on the vehicle with absolutely no issues or problems. We chose to mount the turbochargers in the rear, much like STS, except we used all premium components in our build. we started by using Borg Warner EFR turbos, which are the best turbos on the market and designed a sequential control system so at low speed and low power demands, only one turbocharger is on line. When power requirements dictate, the second turbocharger comes on line and supplies maximum horsepower. This design reduces turbo lag to zero, like a roots blower along with the high efficiency of turbocharging. The car runs absolutely awesome and outruns Mustangs and SS's.

Some of the major additional components include, massive front mounted intercooler, water/meth injection, 4" diameter MAF charge tube so we do not run out of fuel, Trifecta tune, quadruple wrapped and sealed 2 1/2" custom exhaust system, 4200 stall IPF torque converter, DSS carbon fiber one piece driveshaft, Hammerhead rear end with Wavetrac posi unit, DSS axles, Turbowerx Exa scavenge oil pump, Rx catch can and many other support components, too numerous to mention.

We run 10 PSI boost and the car is a daily driver, docile, quiet and very powerful. A fun car to drive. Hope you like it.
Attachments
14 (Medium).jpg
13 (Medium).jpg
12 (Medium).jpg
10 (Medium).jpg
8 (Medium).jpg
6c (Medium).jpg
5 (Medium).jpg
3 (Medium).jpg
2 (Medium).jpg
1 (Medium).jpg
Full Blown Post Whoring Vet
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:45 am
This is an extremely AWESOME build, thanks for sharing.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
Running 12s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm
Were swapping in a new LFX this fall! Have 98% of all figured out and when completed we will share with others how to do it.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:50 pm
Here is the latest on the LFX engine transplant into the LLT. 6 months of research has netted that the feasibility of this is high, so I am preparing a new 2014 LFX engine with automatic transmission. Hopefully in early 2016 we will try it. Nervous about communication between the LFX engine and the LLT body harness but all indications are that it might just work. The only information I cannot confirm 100% is the CAN BUSS communication between the engine and body but several knowledgeable people thinks that it should. We will just have to try it and see. Attached are pics of the new engine that I am preparing. Takes so much time but we are getting there. We have removed the stock oil filter casting and machined a billet aluminum adapter plate for a remote, chassis mounted oil filter. (see pic) We have also added a "must have" fuel filter that GM must have forgotten! Vacuum/boost port manifold, fuel distribution manifold and other additions for the twin turbo setup.
Attachments
20151107_101443 (Large).jpg
20151107_102200 (Large).jpg
20151107_103053 (Large).jpg
20151107_102330 (Large).jpg
20151107_102405 (Large).jpg
20151107_102541 (Large).jpg
ATT_1446811191892_20151106_065638 (Large).jpg
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:21 am
That is one massive undertaking. VERY COOL. Looking forward to hearing how it went for you.
for my build check here...http://bowtiev6.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57 ..........................................................TEAM LLT
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 pm
Update! FINALLY, I am at the point of engine completion and ready for the first initial test. Tracy has agreed that before going to all of the effort of installing the engine/transmission assembly in the vehicle and finding out that problem/problems exist, it would be wise to pull the new LFX engine along side the car, unplug the LLT computer and the (2) body plugs that connect the LLT engine to the body harnesses and body control modules, match the VIN numbers to the LFX computer, then load the stock GM programs for the LFX engine and transmission from the ODB2 port in the car. Then, we can note can buss communications and body control modules compatibility. This should give us a very clear indication if we have a potential winner or not.

Being this vehicle is my daily driver, I can't afford to have the car down for extended periods, so we have decided to perform this very important, interim step. One of the LFX engine harnesses had to be extended 10" in order to do this but it was only 18 wires and only took several hours. The other engine wiring harness was long enough, as is. GM doesn't give you any excess wiring, so this was necessary. That operation is completed and my GM programmer is scheduled to come to my shop next week to program the LFX computer and transmission module with a stock 2014 program. Today, I even decided to make a temporary fuel line extension so I can hook the fuel system to the LFX engine at the same time we do programming. Of course we can't start the engine at this point. This is as far as we can go on this critical test with the engine sitting beside the car but should reveal a significant amount of information and data.

If, and that's a big if, all goes well on this test, we will fabricate the new exhaust and schedule an install into the vehicle and see what happens. Vince at Trifecta has also been helping out with the can buss compatibility and electrical & component modifications to the LFX engine, so if and when it comes time to bring him in for programming, he can give me one of his superior tunes. Stay tuned and a BIG thanks to Vince and Tracy for all the collaboration on this "first time" conversion.
Last edited by monty on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:10 am
Amazing the amount of under taking you have chosen to perform to make this happen. Can't wait to see the conclusion of all the work you have poured into this project. Good Luck.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:35 am
I really appreciate you comments. I have been working on this for 6 months, researching schematics till my mind is overloaded and at the same time, building the new LFX engine as if I already know it will work. I have a tremendous investment in money and time in the project and I have to admit that I am very nervous about the outcome. It comes down to trying it!! When we do our first and most important test next week with the engine plugged into the body harnesses of the LLT, as described above, we will be able to see if we can continue forward or, the test will reveal issues that cannot be resolved. Stay tuned and cross your fingers!!
Running 12s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:53 am
Monty has sunk more $$ and time into his build than any camaro V6 build to date I am aware of.

And learned a ton as well. This conversion kit should be ready soon!!

:thumbsup:
Running 11s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:02 pm
Good luck, hope everything turns out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MRT V1/ Injen CAI/ VMax TB/ RX Catch Can/ TrifectaImage
Next

Return to Forced Induction